Yet another "I need help" thread...

SiDream

Problem:

Was driving my 93 (stock) last night, was running real good until I came to a stop light, stopped, and right before the light went green, CEL comes on and not even a second later car dies. Can't restart.

What I've done so far:

Swapped main relay with known good one (no change)
Disconnected battery (5mins)
Listened for fuel pump (works)
Checked fluids (good)
Checked for spark (all four wires lit up against a screw driver)
Tried push starting (no go)

What I've replaced recently:
Dizzy (new)
Starter (new)
Plugs and wires
Fuel injectors (new stock)
Fuel filter
Battery

Possible symptom:

I jumped the ECU with my trusty paper clip that has never let me down, and huge thanks to the CEL light list here on the site. Did not get any codes due to the CEL light remaining on. I thought that was strange initially, during the situation, but quickly pushed it out of my head because of frustration.

My suspicion leads me to think the ECU died, but other input would be greatly appreciated. I don't have a wealth of cash to keep diagnosing things with new parts, so I've tried to narrow it down as much as possible. A friend of mine stated possible knock sensor?

Thanks in advance.

SiDream

Do you know anywhere you could borrow an ecu to try out?
No, unfortunately, best I could probably do is post up on some local forums. I'm going to pull the ECU in the daylight hours, and see if I notice anything obviously wrong with it, beyond that I have no idea how I can diagnose/test it unless as you suggested borrow one.

emd513

No cell blink is ecu bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SiDream

Update...

Tried a different ECU, and that wasn't the problem, checked my fuses again, and everything was good. So I somehow bumped my main relay, and all of a sudden the CEL goes out, turns out it was a broken wire leading into the main relay. Problem fixed.