yet another new member

Sinister1

Sup all. I'm a new proud owner of a 01 GSR sedan. My first ever Acura. I've been in the street scene for awhile owning/driving modded cars such as the old school CRX, S2000, BMW 335i, Lexus CT, and now the Integra as my DD. Loving it so far. I bought it from original owner with 156K, 5MT, and all STOCK. I'm getting old so I've been holding out on getting a 4 door, but 5MT was a must. Previous owner did maintain it pretty well and paint is in great shape except for damage to the front bumper.

First impressions are that this is a fun car to drive and pretty fuel efficient. Powerband seems solid throughout the range.

Things I've done or going to do so far:
Stereo (need/require BT lol) - installing this weekend.
Replace tires - done.
Front rotors and F/R pads (doing this weekend)
Bleed brakes (looks likes the process is FL - FR - RR - RL??) this weekend.
Change Oil - this weekend
Change Tranny Oil - prob next weekend ; need to get oil from Acura
TB/Water pump (owner said she had it done before but couldn't remember when so I'll get this done early next year - praying nothing happens to it until then)
Suspension / rims - next year

Issues I've noticed so far:
Power windows - did some searching and it looks like a common problem. Both driver side windows go up really slow and sometimes stops. Thinking it may need some lubing. Previous owner says both motors were replaced recently so not sure what it could be until I open it up. Not sure if the regulators were replaced.
Morning startup idle - In the morning when I first start it, the idle is low around I would say 300-400. Never goes lower than that and it doesn't stall on me. idle is normal when under normal running temp. I've done some searches and you guys gave me some starter points to check out.

Other than that, looking forward to becoming an active member. You all seem to be a great group and hope to be able to assist in any way like many of you have.

-Ray

SoundEfx

Welcome pimp.

Bleeding starts from the furthest from the booster.
So RR - RL - FR - FL ( I think )

Last edited:

Sinister1

Welcome pimp.

Bleeding starts from the furthest from the booster.
So RR - RL - FR - FL ( I think )
That's what I thought too but there are some articles/post that it's different for 3rd gen. I'll have to find the link.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
that is not the bleeding sequence for the integra, I forget what it is. But ill post it here.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
It doesn't matter, most all 90 up Imports use a split system design and are bled the way in the pic. Really it doesn't matter which side you start on as long as you go in a diagonal and start in the back.