Yokohama's, need feedback

Ksan

hey guys i just wanted to know how are the Yokohama Prada Spec 2 tires? has anyone ran those tires before? and how were they for street and for track?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I ran them on my M3, they are good tires, I had good wet weather traction, and got a decent amount of miles out of them. I would say for a daily they are a good choice. Probably not the best for a track tire but like I always say, if your going to track you car buy separate rims and tires that you don't need to drive on the street.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
They're good for street use, but won't perform too well on the track. You're referring to a road course right?

Ksan

im referring to a drag strip. 1/4 mile run's. i ran the toyo proxy 4 and hate them. no traction at all.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Dude buy two slicks and put them on some steelies. What's the point of wasting good tires to drag race with.

Ksan

hah trueski. yeah i do have spare rims too. so what tires would you advise me to put on them?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
If you just want them for drag racing go put some mickey thompsons or hoosiers on them. You'll have way more fun at the track cause you'll be able to launch the shit out of it. They're not expensive tires, you should be able to pick a set up for under 100 bucks.