yonaka ronin seats

Chuckles_031

VROOOM VROOOOOMM
I'm in the market for some new seats and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these. I'm currently in Afghanistan, and the time difference here makes it kind of difficult to get in contact with anyone. If anyone has any info on these I would appreciate it. Thanks.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I am an authroized retailer for Yonaka. I haven't sat in them, but a friend of mine has a set, and says for the prices they can't be beat. The are a great company with great customer service too. Unless you're looking to spend 1K plus on bride or something, these are the best bet.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

OP how much are you looking to spend? For budget seats I'm a fan of Buddy Clubs or some used Recaros.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC

OP how much are you looking to spend? For budget seats I'm a fan of Buddy Clubs or some used Recaros.
What makes you say that? As a budget brand, Yonaka is always solid, at least in my experience. Used Recaros etc are 500+ at least, I assumed he's on a budget because he's asking about Yonaka. Lol.

Cman46290

Yeah... i would say that if your gunna bash on any particular brand... at least give a reason behind your logic.... otherwise it looks like your just talking out of your butt.

Did you have a bad experience with this brand? have you owned a pair of these seats? This is the type of info you give someone if you are looking to give good advice.

OP... i have not ever used these or know anyone that has... i do know that Yonaka is a good "Bang for your buck" type of brand though.... good quality parts at a "budget" price... as thenoxus said.

Their exhausts are pretty damn decent for the money...

-Corey

Screech

beer budget white trash
Yeah... i would say that if your gunna bash on any particular brand... at least give a reason behind your logic.... otherwise it looks like your just talking out of your butt.

Did you have a bad experience with this brand? have you owned a pair of these seats? This is the type of info you give someone if you are looking to give good advice.

OP... i have not ever used these or know anyone that has... i do know that Yonaka is a good "Bang for your buck" type of brand though.... good quality parts at a "budget" price... as thenoxus said.

Their exhausts are pretty damn decent for the money...

-Corey
I have not had a bad experience with yonaka products. motor mounts, suspension, axles.
I have sat in these seats previously. pretty comfy. friend had them in his teg.
I just like 8th gen si seats more then anything in the world though. they are on the heavy side and I have yet to take my abs bags out of my set.
At 500 shipped, that is something I will probably bookmark for future use though.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
I'd personally never trust a seat that is made with a lower price in mind. These are simply cheap replicas of Brides, Recaros, etc but without any of the quality standards. Seats are a key factor in accident safety, and I don't even want to see one of these things would look like after an accident.

And you're doing it wrong, I found a pair of mint used Recaros for $600.

Cman46290

I'd personally never trust a seat that is made with a lower price in mind. These are simply cheap replicas of Brides, Recaros, etc but without any of the quality standards. Seats are a key factor in accident safety, and I don't even want to see one of these things would look like after an accident.

And you're doing it wrong, I found a pair of mint used Recaros for $600.
Facepalm.

SO basically your saying...

" I have never used these seats... and have absolutely no experience with them whatsoever... so i will assume they are poor quality and unsafe to use...."

Like when my son tells me he doesnt like to eat somthing... "Son you have never tried it....." "But Dad...I just know i dont like it" ...... As dad forces son to eat.... "Man dad thats pretty good" WAALAA... now he has an educated opinion... because he has had experience with it.

Liek the ol saying goes... dont knock it until you try it.

Last edited:

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'

we tend to butt heads a lot on different topics but i will agree with you on this. Seats are there to protect you, cheaper seats (ebay, blox if they ever made one etc) tend to flex, even the buddy club one tends to flex over time, more so than say Sparco or Recaro. I tend to look for FIA approved seats because those have gone through crash testing etc, those or ones based on FIA seats (recaro and sparco) Bride is also another quality seat and follows Japanese saftey. A good company to look at is Status Racing, they are a seat company that sells only FIA approved products.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Facepalm.

" I have never used these seats... and have absolutely no experience with them whatsoever... so i will assume they are poor quality and unsafe to use...."

Like when my son tells me he doesnt like to eat somthing... "Son you have never tried it....." "But Dad...I just know i dont like it" ...... As dad forces son to eat.... "Man dad thats pretty good" WAALAA... now he has an educated opinion... because he has had experience with it.

im in the same boat. im paying to not have the seat crack. bucket seats arent meant to break where as oem ones are meant to.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Facepalm.

Once you've experienced one cheap seat breaking you've experienced them all breaking.

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
I will say, my opinion is biased.

I don't cheap out on anything.

Ex:
I'm selling my lug nuts that look fine from more than 2' away because they aren't perfect enough.
I sold my TE37's because the barrel stickers were faded.
etc.

Cman46290

I will say, my opinion is biased.

I don't cheap out on anything.

Ex:
I'm selling my lug nuts that look fine from more than 2' away because they aren't perfect enough.
I sold my TE37's because the barrel stickers were faded.
etc.
Yeah i kind of figued that from the first post. I wasnt trying to bash on you or anything... just wanna make sure people are getting educated advice from the people on here...who have had experience with any certain problem or question at hand~

And just to clarify,... i wasnt even saying that i disagree lol... i have never used these seats.. so i can honestly say i have no idea the quality... or how well they were crash tested.... i just know they make other decent aftermarket parts.... for a good price. ~

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Yeah i kind of figued that from the first post. I wasnt trying to bash on you or anything... just wanna make sure people are getting educated advice from the people on here...

And just to clarify,... i wasnt even saying that i disagree lol... i have never used these seats.. so i can honestly say i have no idea the quality... or how well they were crash tested.... i just know they make other decent aftermarket parts.... for a good price. ~
so does blox and there is no way in hell any blox parts go on my car