You guys would not believe the project I got into, new DA9 for me!

heritage36

So yeah, if any of you saw my for sale thread, you may have seen that my DB2 GSR got hit and run and totalled a few days ago, so I was stuck looking for a new ride. Almost bought an old accord, then a guy offered me his 90 LS for my B17 motor and a few other parts I pulled off the GSR since it was hit in the rear driver corner. So I agreed, needing a car, and figured I would have a project on my hands, but I had the GSR to take any parts I needed off pretty much. Got the car, and found among its issues...
1. Motor not bolted to rear t-bracket, and no front crossmember mount present, so axles were rubbing against strut forks from engine being shifted forward.
2. Shifted not bolted into bushing block, was just sitting on exhaust
3. Exhaust rotted out and gangster welded all over
4. Wrong front struts/springs in it, so front end sat about 6 inches plus higher than rear end
5. No washer sprayer system in it anymore
6. Front and rear brakes trashed bad
7. Power steering lines rotted out and leaking
8. Vacuum hose mess to say the least
9. Wiring mess!!!
10. Idled around 3500rpm and bobbed up and down bad

This is actually just scratching the surface of the issues this thing had, but I swapped my GSR HKS exhaust and all that, all my brakes and suspension and basically fixed most of the issues other than the wiring, so if you have an OBD-0 LS B18 harness, I would totally buy or trade for it! See my WTB thread! Maybe I will post up some pics sometime soon, its flat black and not really too brutal body wise, but I never had an LS before after owning 2 DB2 GSRs, so LS VTEC will almost surely have to happen once I get a lot of the issues handled with it. At least I am staying in the G2 DA family!

Rich-PMS

You didn't check the car out BEFORE trading your motor??

SN1P3R

it was a motor for whole car? check car out? he was gettin a complete car and had his for parts, he gota good deal, ya sorry bought the gsr, had that happen to my truck not to long ago, its shitty. but did u not have enough insurance to get your moneys worth?

heritage36

Only had liability insurance, so didn't get anything out of it. All I traded was the motor out of it and a few other random parts I had around that he needed. I knew I was getting into a project, but yeah, I should have checked it over better for sure. Was just in a pinch and needed a car unfortunately. I probably swapped a good 30% of the things off my GSR onto this one already, it is really stripped down. Sucks to take one more DB2 off the streets, but sure wasn't by choice. Sold the transmission for some additional repair funds yesterday too, and still have a bunch of other stuff I could sell. If someone wants a DB2 GSR cluster I have one spare now.

DustinXIX

i guess this means youll have to change your sig too then

heritage36

Yeah, I will have to put something different in there now. Hard to tell from your pic, but the one I just got exterior-wise looks a lot like the one in your sig, DustinXIX

DustinXIX

Talk about a bad trade... lol
actually, doesnt seem like that bad of a trade. an engine for a car that has issues which doesnt matter so much because he has a great donor car for parts. bad part really is the time it takes to swap parts. anyways, goodluck with this, and you should post up some pics!!!

heritage36

Yeah, I mean, its a little worse trade than I thought I was getting into, but still, its a car for a motor, its hard to say that is a very bad deal, and like DustinXIX said, I had my GSR still to take any parts I needed out of. All I actually had to buy for it was a thermostat and a coolant temp switch, and its running fine now. The interior is a bit of a mess, and the trans grinds slightly into 3rd sometimes, but I have a J1 trans just waiting to go in if I want to put it in there, which should help bring the LS alive a little more. It has a ton of new parts on it now though since I swapped all the stuff over, and all I have spent is about $40, so I am okay with how it happened. Just sucked to spend the better part of two off days at work trying to swap so many things around, but it saved a ton of money obviously. I will try to get some pics up soon once I finish throwing some things on it.

SN1P3R

ya i think as far as saving money, and time, and gettin back to having a daily driver, u lucked out, but obviously you or anyone else will say losing a GSR for anything blows, but best of luck to you, i got a 90 LS im workin on as well, maybe ill hit you up on things i need help on, used to working on my v8 chevs haha, these are alot harder to swap parts! haha