Zane's DC2 Build Thread

95 JDM DC2

dang this is a pretty good pickup for a grand!
fix this baby up! and welcome to the club man!
looking good so far doods :thumbs up
you still have the civic? wanna sell the fogs? :D lol!!
welcome to the club!
Welcome to the site man. The car is lookin goooood
Looks good!
Thanks guys, and ixcocoyxi, sorry i dont have the hatch anymore, the guy i sold it too is a good friend so we went and ate wings for lunch and i just thought i would snap a couple "old toy, new toy" pic lol

95 JDM DC2

how did you score a DC2 for a grand? im thoroughly jealous
well it was my friend's, and he knew what he had and he knew how much it was worth but he was moving into apartments so he couldnt take his project with him and he gave up on it, so he wanted rid of it... so i whipped out $1000 cash and he shit himself and handed me the title

95 JDM DC2

THAT....is awesome
haha thanks, i never thought he would actually sell it, eveytime im in the search for a car, i always ask him if he wants to sell it... and over the past two years his answer has always been no.... but that day... o that day i scored a YES!!!! i did a little victory dance when he wasnt looking :banana:

95 JDM DC2

teg is getting rebuilt starting tomorrow! pretty excited to get it back and repaint the wheels, and get the body painted

95 JDM DC2

ok so while the teg, is away i thought i would post up some pictures of how i did my valve cover, to give you guys something to look at while we all wait...

Dirty, Faded Valve Cover

The Supplies I Used

The Stripper Started working REALLY fast, as i was brushing it on, it was brushing the black off lol

Close Up of what the stripper does to the paint

Comes off so easy, used a scrapper for the flat parts and a brush for the rest

After First coat of Stripper

After Second coat of Stripper

Taped of Everything i didnt want painted

Shots right after different coats of paint

AFter all the coats of paint, looks crazy wet, but it wasnt really as wet as it looks

Took the tape off, while the paint was fresh so it didnt take any paint with it

After Two days of letting it dry, You can see the wrinkle effect

After Two hours in the oven

After I sanded DOHC VTEC and HMC.

Close up of wrinkle effect, all done and finished

So thats it all finished and re-done in "wrinkle black". I went for a OEM look, and i think it came out great, next will be to paint it wrinkle red to mimic the type r cover.... Hope yall like it

mirrorimg

Wrinkle would have been better if you used a heatgun or put it in the oven.

Looks nicer after a wash and cleaning the inside. You definitely need to find an OEM hood, because that one's fitment is horrible. That faded banana yellow is pretty horrendous as well.

Good luck on the project. Cant wait to see it with some nice paint and better fitting front end.

95 JDM DC2

Wrinkle would have been better if you used a heatgun or put it in the oven.

Looks nicer after a wash and cleaning the inside. You definitely need to find an OEM hood, because that one's fitment is horrible. That faded banana yellow is pretty horrendous as well.

Good luck on the project. Cant wait to see it with some nice paint and better fitting front end.
Actually i did put it in the oven, for 2 hours... and as far as the hood goes, its not the hood... it the headlights, the inside brackets on each headlight assembly is broken so the inside of the headlights sag down and the grill isnt in there, believe me, with new headlights it looks perfect because i have been friends with the previous owner for 5 years, and he's had this car for 3... and yeah the yellow is as good as gone in my eyes, its getting painted black.

95 JDM DC2

ok so the car went to the mechanic today, pretty excited about that.... so i will keep yall updated as he updates me on the progress. cant wait to have her back and running... then it will be off the get her painted!

j13

Keep It Clean
I like the yellow a lot. If I were you, ill paint it Phoenix Yellow. it'll look like a real JDM ITR

95 JDM DC2

ok so its been a while since i was last on here, but good news i have the integra up and running, im thoroughly enjoying the B18C1... and i re-cleared my hood, ordered a new grille so i could have the clips that hold it in, and just ordered OEM HID headlights for it from japan. next will be getting the car painted FBP. pics will be up as soon as i get a fucking camera