Zombiegurl81's DA Build

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Can you believe I only got a measly 11.00 dollars for that damn motor and header total crap! But it's all gone so that's good.

Last edited:

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
I purchased a header this weekend for a decent price (it's the BBP 4-1) only to find out that I have to spend more money to get it installed and fitting right! The bloke said it would fit right up uh no it doesn't I have to buy the 95 crossmember. Bullocks! What next!

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
That sucks. I know b series headers all bolt up at the head but the gen2's do have crossmember issues i think with some designs. Only other question would be the collector size and overall length (ie short tube vs long tube).

What is a bbp? Never heard.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Not really sure but I'll put up an image of the header I bought wo you can see. I was also talking to someone about the header fitting that's how I found out about the crossmember but he also said that they sit lower, I hope it doesn't sit to low. Oh, good news I talked to a few blokes from my team and they know how to pull the frame out on my car so next weekend we are going to try and do that. It isn't the right proper way (they said tree) but they said it would work, we shall see. Well I'm off I've got some errands to do.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
LoL I think i recall reading where some people would tie parts to a tree and carefully drive backwards or something. Never had to do it so only glanced at it while reading through other things. Something id definately research before letting some people do it. A lot of people say they know how to do something using unorthodox methods but some things are really ghetto bad ideas and others just dont know what theyre really doing. Just a warning, do some research before you let them try.

I looked up the bbp. Its the usual ebay brand. Theyre hit or miss but cheap.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
I've been to the junkyards a few times since the DA got back up and going. Everything seem to be spot on I did notice that the car jumps at idle in the morning. Only for a bit though then its gone , the bloke that worked on the car said it could be the sensor on the back of the manifold. A through cleaning should pep it right up. About the junkyard I found a later model DC that was mostly complete but someone beat me to the crossmember so the search continues. Some of the member of my team have said that they can fix the front end of the car, I really hope so that way the bonnet fits proper and I can install pins I've been sitting on for the last few months. I have also started removing the paint from the bonnet to do a new design or idea. I'm not entirely sure of what will go there but I do have some good ideas.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
An update for you all. Was able to spend some time on the car today got all the paint off the bonnet. Now I need to decide what i'm going to do with it. I will post the pictures I took next week I'm pet sitting this weekend and I don't want to bugger up this computer since it my mum's work one.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
An update for you all. Was able to spend some time on the car today got all the paint off the bonnet. Now I need to decide what i'm going to do with it. I will post the pictures I took next week I'm pet sitting this weekend and I don't want to bugger up this computer since it my mum's work one.
are you from the UK? just wondering cuz you use the word " bonnet" and i only hear that term being used by people in the UK :p

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Hello everyone, Sorry for my absence I was watching my mum's pets and didn't realized that the internet at my flat was turn off. So I 've been without it for the last week (me with no internet is absolute crap! lol) I was/ am unable to attend the meeting at Buttonwillow much to my displeasure. I need some help with my bonnet so I will be doing a poll in the second generation section (please vote it will help a lot). I haven't been able to do much forum wise due to being strictly on my mobile, I'm sure you know how that goes. I am not in the UK I currently reside in Orange County so you could imagine the looks I get, lol. Also my accent has become very Americanized due to my time in the states. Hope that helps I'm kind of rushing about.