Zombiegurl81's DA Build

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
It takes a pretty decent list of bolt ons to get close to 170whp or cams+. Oem or stage 1 type clutches can all handle bolt on power. Glad to see it'll be driving soon!

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
ive been following this a while, glad to see another girl with a DA, YAY!
Thank you! I love your build as well, sorry to see you were in an accident, glad you were able to fix it. I myself have an issue like that, lol. One of the reasons I haven't gotten the JDM one piece headlights like you. But I have everything else for the most part.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
I should be getting my digi back today my mom needed it for somethings so once she's done I'll be able to take pictures of all the parts I was able to buy to fix my DA. Next will be the CV's they're riped and one side ticks but I don't have money for them hopefully they can hold out until then.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Ugh, so I got my digi back finally but sad to announce that my car and all it's new shine bits are on the way to the shop to be repaired, so no pictures. I will also get it back tomorrow says, my mechanic friend, just have to figure out how to get out there.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
So I was able to get out to pick up my car and with an added bonus, while my friend was pulling the car apart the axles fell apart so I had to replace them too! But the cars home and i'm happy it is.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
nothing wrong with new axles :thumbs up

Posted from my Microwave using Tapatalk

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
napa has the best axles when i went shopping for em. lifetime warranty ftw!

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Sorry I've been gone so long it's been really hectic and my internet was shut off yesterday so I need to get it turned back on this following week. Nothing too new with my Da still breaking in my new clutch (it's almost there) I have about 50+ miles to go before I get to 300 miles on it and then I'm calling it a day and driving it normal. So tonight is going to be a late night driving run, it's a good night to do it as well a beautiful California night. I've been meeting up with a friend all week who carries a good supply of suspension parts and have been eyeballing the few suspension parts I still want. Since I decided not to go really in depth with it I'm just doing thing for adjustment I may change out the rear control arms for some BWR ones (they come in pink) but that's it, I hope.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
(T.T) I just had the worst night last night, while breaking in the clutch I ran into a huge problem. While I didn't take the car to Santiago canyon I did drive it to riverside county. I drove the 22 fwy, 55 fwy, 91 fwy, finally to the 15 fwy. I had reached the mileage I had wanted to by then so I decide to drive Ortega Hwy to close out my night. I stopped at The Lookout and admired the night sky as well as the scenery. Once I got going I noticed my oil light come on unable to turn around the only choice was to keep going and get oil once I was out of the canyon, well I didn't make it that far. The motor gave a few miles in creating a really nice knock followed by a rod going through the block, I'm just guessing on the last part since I've never had this happen before. So I was stranded in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, with no signal to call a tow truck. I was Lu ky enough that someone stopped finally and let me use their phone to get a tow truck but I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for them to show up. Needless to say I was home at 1:30 am. Now I need to figure out what to do with my da?

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
ouch.. havnt been on ortega in a while.

i got stranded on palomar around the same time you got home. now that sucked.

anywho, i say pick up a short block and swap parts over. thats what id do.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Uhh if you liked b18 pick up youll like a b20 even more. Its more torque. Non vtec blocks are pretty cheap. Look in various classifieds section or check out hmotors and see what they have. Theres probably several local shops around that carry stuff too but often you see someone posting that they bought a motor at so and so shop and months later something comes up. Goes with the territory when you buy anything used but usually a good place will have a good idea on the condition of the motor presale.

Thats some shit luck on the timing for that. Couldnt be down the street from home.... had to be bfe. A bad leak can happen suddenly but because of a regular leak i have i check my oil often (1-2 weeks) but everyone should do this as regular practice at least once a month.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Ok I have somewhat of an update. I went to both of my banks this week and at one I had them see if I was able to get a credit card from them (us girls and our plastic, lol) and the other one my main bank I applied for a relatively small loan so I could do the work and get everything back up. I should find out about everything within the next few days to late in the following week. I didn't have internet for the last week so what I could say and do on the forum were minimum, but I have made some huge progress on the car. I started disassembling the motor almost immediately after the car was home so I could get it out and gone, my mechanic friend said it would most likely be no good (I had the same thought when I saw the damage) I've been consistently taking pictures as I go as to catalog the whole ordeal and well as the new beginnings. Once I have a chance I will post up some of the pictures I have not all of them because I no you don't want to see them all, lol. I also decided on the plans for the car once I have said cash in had or plastic. I'm going with a B20z (I'm getting it from the guys over at Inline4 in Garden Grove since it's just down the way) and they are way helpful letting me know the things I should replace once I have the motor. I'm also looking to purchase a new exhaust system for the car as well and if I have the money available a header as well, which for the time being will be everything I had intended for the car to begin with. Thank you to everyone whose been nice enough to help and answer some of my not so bright questions.

til later! Kayla