guy_from_nerks 4dr build thread...the quest for 10's

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
BTW I ran 11.3 witha broken axle lmfao, noticed a strange sound when taking my slick off last night, babied it to my shop because I wasnt sure if it was the trans or what. Pull axle out today and found this:

I had been hearing a strang sound from the passenger side of the car for a few weeks now, sounded like loose suspension or somethin rattling inside of the transmission. I can't really bitch as this thing took 2 years of 7k rpm launches on slicks before breaking. Thank god for warranties and buddies working at parts stores haha.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well the car had issues over the weekend at the IDRC Sport Compact Nationals. Ran a best time of 11.6 but was able to beat out a new GTR and some DSM's lol. I even made Motovicity.com online blog with a pic of me smashing a DSM. Last night I went to my local track to see if the problems were fixed and apparently they were as the car proceeded to run 11.2. I honestly think a 10 second pass would've been had but they shut me down due to no 5 point harness in the car :(

Here is some pics and couple vids I have been working on. I will have another video up later as soon as I get the footage from my frends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm3Jx...1&feature=plcp

This one isn't finished hence the "test" in the title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuQ1F...feature=relmfu

IDRC Sport Compact Nationals

This pic was taken off of motovicity.com's online blog.

9 second evo's on either side of me lol

Packed up and ready to go back home

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Man its been a while since I updated this thing haha. Let me get you up to speed, I have gotten the car down to 11.28 in the 1/4 and trapping 129mph. That wasn't enough haha, so I sent the car off to the tuner for more boost and a little thing I like to call C16 added to the mix. We ran into some issues, first the ignitor went bad so I had to take another distributor to the dyno. Next the tires litterally came apart on the dyno, youll see in the pictures. I am taking another set up tomorrow so the race gas tune can hopefully be finished.

I also picked up a few parts in the process. I got a set of Gator Axles that I am going to send in to be inspected and cleaned up by them. I also go what looks like an USDM ITR cluster, mainly I got it for the 10k rpm redline as thats where my car is now revving to haha. Lastly, Moddiction.com sent me one of their 400gram weighted knobs, talk about a heavy shift knob, changing gears should be a breeze now.

11.2 pass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQyDCWkapU

Also found this picture on someones facebook from the June event:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
We got the pump gas tune done, car is on 19psi with pump gas. Race gas tune will be done by this weekend, I just gotta drive tires up to the dyno, luckily my buddy has a set of worn radials on rims he is gonna let me use. I just wanna get back to a race track, its been a month since I last raced at all :(

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Well the tune is done!!! She is now on 25psi, c16 and revving to 10k rpms. Before anyone says anything about the graph, this is the only one they sent me and I honestly do not know what the final numbers are. If you notice in the midrange the car picked up 100whp more over the old tune. It also now spools 21psi by 6500 rpm, where the old tune would make 17psi at 8500 lmao. I also picked up a VIS OEM style CF hood for $100 lol

Last edited:

99TegLs

how does everyone keep getting CF hoods on the cheap? I'll buy it for 150 if the shipping isnt too bad. you can make yourself a straight 50 bucks =)

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Haha nah I have been looking for one for over a year now, gonna clean it up, cut some holes in it and make a nice beauty ring for my exhaust.

99TegLs

ive been looking too. connecticut doesnt have crap besides z4 fiberglass fenders and park benches! Cant wait to see the rign though, bet it turns out niiice

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I might cut it out in the shape of Ohio, however I am totally jacking someone else's idea. Another racer had the state of Texas cut out as his beauty ring, although I didnt know it at the time of when I thought of doing it. I have since learned about this and am now conflicted even though talking to him about doing it and him being ok with it