Tires rubbing after lowering

ryanDC

do not get these. the proper size for lowring with no wheel gap is 195/50R15

ive had mine slammed on the same tire size and had no rubbing issues. my guess is that youre rubbing on the fender liner.

heres an example

those are the 195/50 and your wheels are tucked? ill look into those, ill just be getting them for the front for now

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yeah. i actually went lower than that too and still no rubbing issue. the only problem with it was hitting reflectors on the freeway with the tranny.

ryanDC

haha nice. ill stay at my ride height, i live in san francisco so its gonna be hell for me.
i will never settle for a stock ride height again lol

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
yeah. i actually went lower than that too and still no rubbing issue. the only problem with it was hitting reflectors on the freeway with the tranny.
thats how you know when your slammed ;)

WAR 178

Premium User
I agree...50 rate tires are needed. Also the suspension will settle in after a bit of driving. 60 rate with a 2" drop is going to rub for sure once it settles in. g/l

BeatBox

Real Good!
do not get these. the proper size for lowering with no wheel gap is 195/50R15. i know lots of people running wider and taller tires with the sizes listed above with rubbing issues still.

ive had mine slammed on the same tire size and had no rubbing issues. my guess is that youre rubbing on the fender liner.

heres an example

also, look around in the slammed info thread in the suspension section. theres tons of info there.
thats looooow! i just put 205-55-15 and they seem to work i was actually thinking of doing a 50 series tire but im happy with the ones i bought. heres what mine look like but not as low as what yours is (OP) so def a 50 series tire is prob gonna be your best bet...

ryanDC

damn i love your flat black meshies.
yea anyways, i should be able to afford tires in a few weeks....going with the 50s
im always driving paranoid now thinking im gonna rub....and i do

BeatBox

Real Good!
damn i love your flat black meshies.
yea anyways, i should be able to afford tires in a few weeks....going with the 50s
im always driving paranoid now thinking im gonna rub....and i do
thanks, go with some BFG G Force Sports :wink wink:

rexpepper123

i plan on rolling my fenders come spring time when i get to my body work on my 98 teggy. its not real hard find a tool rental place and rent the roller. its easy take your wheel off and bolt it on and away ya go! no need for painting or anything if don correctly there shouldnt be any cracked paint. if you do decide to do this dont be a moron and use a baseball bat please... do it for use rent the tool lol

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
i plan on rolling my fenders come spring time when i get to my body work on my 98 teggy. its not real hard find a tool rental place and rent the roller. its easy take your wheel off and bolt it on and away ya go! no need for painting or anything if don correctly there shouldnt be any cracked paint. if you do decide to do this dont be a moron and use a baseball bat please... do it for use rent the tool lol
lmao that was the tut i saw on youtube xD

and theres nothing wrong with rolling it, you say it looks ricer? id think it looks ricer if the car isnt clean

rexpepper123

lmao that was the tut i saw on youtube xD

and theres nothing wrong with rolling it, you say it looks ricer? id think it looks ricer if the car isnt clean
i agree i think it looks rice if its not clean as wel, rolled fenders for surely makes for a cleaner wheel well line and look