lowering cheaply...

gmni03

Ok now I know imma probably get ragged on but I realy want to lower my ride but I don't have the money right now to buy a kit. So, which is best heating or cutting springs? Take it easy on me hahahaha

you a hater

your gonna mess some stuff up if you do either ... if your gonna be a cheap ass atleast ebay some lowering springs for like $20 ... either way your most likely gonna mess some stuff up ... if it was my decison just chill out abt lowering it and do something else to it or save up for some skunk2 (thats a pretty cheap lowering kit) i have the super street teins but its all up to you how good you wanna make your teggy ... one cheap part leads to another but one good part leads to greatness

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
Don't heat OR cut springs, that's just gonna f*ck your ride up man. Just wait until you get more money to pull through. Pay to play for a nice drop, don't get eBay stuff. But there are sweet deals out there on eBay if you're super cheap.

you a hater

:kickass: post some pics up after what you do though ;)

^^^^ i love that little thing it makes me laugh everytime

WAR 178

Premium User
I always say that if funds are low, but you cannot wait...try and find some used quality setup for cheap.
Dont heat and cut... it just ends up hurting more suspension parts in the long run and then you spend more replacing those parts.

gmni03

Ok thanx a lot peeps, I just was wonderin. U guys are the best hahaha!!! I want to run tien or eibach. I'm not a cheap ass either its just wut I cld afford. I want to buy the best for my baby!!! I'm just going to keep saving until I get there

Teggykid952

Ground control with stock shocks. If they blow, then they blow If not then you're lucky. But you need to be saving up for shocks ASAP after you get the springs

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Tein s techs are your cheapest reliably IMO, being designed specifically to work with stock stuff and fairly priced

BugJuice

Dont heat or cut the springs. Its a terrible idea. You will blow your struts.
I wouldn't cheap out on a suspension system. you will feel it.

Teggykid952

Idk about that. Just put Blox springs on my dad's Civic with stock shocks and the ride isn't really all that bad. I will admit that my Skunk2's on my teg ride a little better, but it's also an entirely different car.

Cripton805

The only cheap way would be to run Tein H tech lowering springs because it's an ITR replica except "Stiffer" I believe.
It's a very minor drop though & still you will run the risk of blowing those.

Everyone, S tech is almost a 2" drop. That will blow stock or OEM replacement shocks/struts.
Tein says 1.5", but it's closer to about 1.7" or more.

Ride quality will suck too.

There's no cheap alternative that will be reliable.

Last edited: