Push in clutch while driving...... HELP

d0wnShiFt

So ill be driving down the road and whenever I push in the clutch to coast or shift gears the idle drops down low and jumps back up to normal everytime, it starts to do it when the car is starting to get warmed up and doesnt do it when its cold. Or if the cars in neutral and I rev it up, when it starts to come down from reving up it drops low and comes back up to normal. When it does it I can feel the motor vibrating as if it almost stalls but it doesnt, the idle just goes low and comes back up... whats the cause? please help! just started today......

hgocasca

level 77 troll
You're talking about the most troubling thing I've come across. Both my tegs have done that, I would tweak with the idle adjustment screw. Only thing I can think of to fix mine.

d0wnShiFt

Really? hmm... ya its got me stumped, ive tweeked with the idle adjustment but nothing changes... anyone else got any other ideas?? =/

afroman18

"Gap Sissy"
hmmm maybe the throttle position sensor or idle control valve just a guess dat sounds confusing

Prozon

Kris
My car will do that when warming up. However it doesn't drop low, it's just a very slight change in the RPM's.

d0wnShiFt

no I dont have any check engine lights on.. ive replaced the IACV and bled the coolant... idk what could be the problem..... maybe a TPS... but could the TPS do that? I seem to keep running into problems no one else has lol....

crash.1340

try cleaning the idle speed control valve out with some brake cleaner. fixed my idle issue (would fluctuate between 900 and 1400 rpm when idling and warm) i dont know if it will fix this.

90tegwhite

Keep Droolin' Im Spoolin'
sounds like leaking vacuum lines to me.... check all your vacuum lines you could probably replace them all for under 20 bucks

d0wnShiFt

maybe that will be my next step then is to replace the vacuum lines. but I had them checked and there were no leaks... culd it be a clogged vacuum line? if that even happens lol......

WAR 178

Premium User
what type of flywheel do you have? also if there is a pin hole in the coolant lines...there will be fluctuation in your idle. Also if the lines running to and from the iacv are cut too long or short. check the thermostat if its sticking a bit.
Sometimes the idle drops a bit once the engines cooling fans turn on as well.