91 fuel door cable snapped

jkammers

Went to open fuel door to get some gas this morning and i felt a pop and now there is not pull in the level on the inside of the car. Is there any trick to opening the fuel door aside from prying it open. I will eventually fix the cable but until winter is over I just want to ghetto rig it. its no fun working on cars when its 20 degrees out. Any advice would help. thanks

jkammers

lol its just my luck that this happened, because last winter my hatch release snapped so I just took out the release in the back of the trunk and use the key which wasnt a big deal but the gas situation sucks

Try and trace the cable and see where it snapped. If it isn't too far back, just user a small set of vice grips to pull it until you can get around to fixing it right.

Prozon

Kris
I don't know if Integra's have these, but I owned a Kia a few years ago that had a cable attached to the gas tank door latch in the trunk. It was behind the trunk wall. Maybe these cars have something similar?

If not, prying it or finding where the cable broke is going to be your only fixes til you put the cable on.