ABS light on

Fast 3rd gen

This used to come on intermittently on my 99 LS but now it's always on. During a recent service I was told I needed to have the brake fluid changed and the rear brakes pads were getting low. Could either of these because causing the ABS light issue? I love my Acura and I want to keep it running clean.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

ishavedmyballs!

I have no lunch money
most people immediately suggest to check your break fluid so i guess ill start with that. umm do you guys live in a muddy and or snowy area because mine came on this winter due to the snow and mud build up and it got dirty and froze but after a few hours it went away on its own

JayVee

2Dr Banger
Ivehad the same issue but when I replaced my rotors and pads I cleaned the sensors and I've yet to get it again . I'd clean them as well as check fluids and bleed them .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
But for some of us, I don't think simply cleaning the sensor would resolve the issue. In my case, I thought I was going to make a light, but then it turned yellow, so I had to brake increasingly hard and my rear brakes locked up to a halt. Could there be another issue on top of the sensor?

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
If the code is on constantly you can retrieve it just like retrieving a CEL.

Not likely the pads or the fluid. Most often it's a dirty sensor, bad sensor (when the wheel bearings go bad they grind down the sensors), or pump leaking slightly and not able to maintain pressure. For this last problem there is a very tiny O ring you can replace cheap.

jbrown97ls

Blah, this reminds me that I need to check my and code and fix the damn thing.