adjusting a camber kit

TekBuDDy

any1 knows how to adjust a front camber kit. I dont have the money to get an alignment, and new tires.
so0o if any1 knows how... Help me 0ut.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
There's a "do your own" alignment somewhere... I'll see if i can find it on here for you guys.... I can't remember where it was tho.

Maybe I could Search for it quick...........

EDIT: Google is your friend! (Click)

Last edited:

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
Im lowered about 2-3 degrees, and i dont plan on taking it to the track for a while. Do you think it would just be best to get the adjustable ball joints?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
IMO yes. People will tell you different, but if you are just diving your car right now instead of racing it, get it fixed so you wear your tires correctly....

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
DB2 B17A1 said:
Im lowered about 2-3 degrees, and i dont plan on taking it to the track for a while. Do you think it would just be best to get the adjustable ball joints?
I assume you meant to say that you are lowered 2-3 inches? With a drop that low you will most likely need extra camber adjustment. My recommendation would be to get a warrantied alignment that way they can adjust it as good as it gets on the stock setup and if still needs more camber adjustment, you can get a camber kit and go back get it realigned it for free. You can usually find places that will warranty the alignment for up to a year. Just DO NOT buy camber plates.

Kutcha said:
People will tell you different, but if you are just diving your car right now instead of racing it
Even if you are racing it, too much negative camber can be a bad thing. It helps the front tires stay flat on the ground during cornering but also can cause some ridiculously nasty drop throttle and trail braking oversteer coming into corners if there is toomuch in the rear. The transfer of weight to the front during braking will make the ass end light which can make things tricky if there is too much rear negative camber because the contact patch doesn't stay flat on the ground. Sanp oversteer is NOT fun. Track and street setups are a completely different thing but you definitely don't want too much negative camber, especially in the rear. But he is right, if you aren't going to the track, then I would just get a street biased alignment

Last edited:

DB2 B17A1

Corner Junkie
i meant the degree of negative camber is at 2-3 degrees mybad.