Aem f/ic 8

96LSteg

Jemel
Ive been reading into these as a tuning solution for some time now and wanted to know if any of you guys have had any success with these or know of a person who has successfully tuned with one of these (any version).

AEM F/IC 8 INFO:

The F/IC is a PC programmable unit that gives users with OBD-II vehicles and non-factory forced induction systems the ability to retard ignition and deliver accurate amounts of fuel without the need for outdated FMUs or “boost hiding” controllers. This system works parallel to the factory ECU preventing tuning limitations due to complex factory timing patterns and will not cause a check engine light (CEL).

PRECISE FUEL DELIVERY
The F/IC intercepts the signal to the stock injectors, allowing the user to modify pulse-width by +/-100%. The F/IC is the only piggy-back system that can decrease injector pulse-width, allowing the user to drive larger aftermarket injectors* while still maintaining proper air / fuel ratios. This powerful system can also tap into the factory injector signal and work independently to drive up to six (6) additional injectors.

TIMING RETARD CONTROL
The F/IC has the ability to retard timing by intercepting and delaying the outputs from the cam and crank position sensors to the engine- with no adverse affect on applications equipped with variable cam timing. The F/IC can retard timing from the factory system based on engine RPM and load inputs.

SENSOR CALIBRATION & CONTROL
The F/IC can also be used to recalibrate / clamp the MAF sensor, eliminating common problems with non-boosted factory MAFs. The on-board MAP sensor allows for proper fueling in boosted applications.

My theory is that I could go this route for the tuning solution and maintain my OBDII ecu for inspection purposes.

I found a place where I can get this for the same price as the Moats Demon/Neptune RTP.....

Last edited:

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I haven't personally used or tuned the AEM FIC but I have talked to tuners who have and they have good things to say about it. I honestly haven't heard anything bad about the FIC.

You def want the 8 over the 6 for the boost controller function and additional logging memory. The extra injector drivers are kinda worthless.

The only real limitation is the internal MAP sensor. If you don't plan to ever boost beyond that then you'll be OK. I dont have any doubt that the FIC could not adequately control fuel and ignition to properly tune a turbo engine. The real question is if your tuner is comfortable with it / likes it. Some tuners wont tune platforms they aren't comfortable with, likewise you should never want them to anyways. In your case I would find the AEM tuner first.