Any teg: Custom short ram intake modification

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ok guys, Im going to write this as simple as possible because of one simple fact it is a simple modification.
If your on a budget and dont have the money to drop on a short ram intake or cold air intake, theres an easy way to modify your stock air intake into a short ram air intake mod, and I can tell you, It does make a noticeable difference, even the best mechanics have asked me what I did to make a difference like this. Ive done it. Now since I already did it im just going to post pics, and explain exactly how it was done.

Now lets get going shall we?

What you need?
A Flat head screw driver/ratchet wrench, or socket that will fit. I like using ratchet with socket because I can put more torque on it

A fillips head screw driver

A spectre air filter will be used in this write up since its what I used and you can get it with this link, just type in your zip code to get a price
Code:
[url]http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/SPT0/9132/N0536.oap?ck=Search_N0536_SPT_1000135_-1&mn=Speed+by+Spectre&mc=SPT&pt=N0536&ppt=C0264[/url]

Now heres a picture of what mine looks like:

{Please disregard that wire, as its part of a currently unfinished project that is on a halt for now}

Ok now first you want to take the factory air filter stuff out, all except the tubing. Take the tubing until it is the size of the one in my picture

Now take the air filter and push it on the tubing as far as you want to, just make sure its far enough for you to torque the screw that holds the filter on the tubing.

So there you go a modification that will make a difference in your power end economy, but not in your wallet!

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
it wouldve been better to just cut the bottom of the air filter box and run a duct to it with a drop in K&N filter. instant diy ice box.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener using Tapatalk.