-Suspension
Skunk 2 coilover Kit
Toxico Illuminas
Skunk 2 camber kit

Now ive heard some things about crower cams
Ive heard they arnt good for forced induction which is my plan for my teg
http://www.crower.com/cgi-bin/detail.cgi?prod_id=62402-2
Those are the cams im looking at do they require springs and retainers
And also if you get aftermarket cams do you need adjustible cam gears????

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You'll want to get turbo cams if your eventually going to boost. Hig lift, low overlap and low duration. To get the max power out of a cam install, you'll also need new pistons to raise the compression. But again, you'll want pistons made for FI rather than NA pistons if your going to boost. I'm 99% sure you don't NEED aftermarket cam gears with aftermarket cams, but how else are you going to adjust them? How can you be worried about a set of $150-$250 set of cam gears if your thinking of boosting? Do you realize how much it costs to boost, and to do it right? It sounds like you have a LOT of homework to do before touching the engine, I'd upgrade the suspension at this point if I were you. No offense, I'm not saying your dumb, you just need to further educate yourself before getting involved in this game, cuz it can get EXPENSIVE!, and making unwise investments on the wrong parts can make it even more so.

Mr_Moos

Sounds to me like your calling me a newb
See your post was good till about here
"How can you be worried about a set of $150-$250 set of cam gears if your thinking of boosting? Do you realize how much it costs to boost, and to do it right? It sounds like you have a LOT of homework to do before touching the engine, I'd upgrade the suspension at this point if I were you. No offense, I'm not saying your dumb, you just need to further educate yourself before getting involved in this game, cuz it can get EXPENSIVE!, and making unwise investments on the wrong parts can make it even more so."
Then you get all ahole on me which isnt very nice
the reason I was asking if I would need to get cam gears is cuz ill have to get my valve cover modified(half moons) so I can adjust them k
thanks for your post and happy holidays

Last edited:

EclecticTeg21

you dont absolutely need cam gears, they just make tuning for new cams easier. i think crower makes a turbo cam, which you should get if your boosting sometime soon. if you decide to get the stage 1 crower cams, they say you dont NEED new springs and retainers, but it would be safest to get them since your spending the money anyway. me personally, id get the suspension first, because my car looks like its on stilts lol.

Baldy201

If it was me I would wait till i get boosted till i get cams. So go for suspension. Also Crower makes turbo cams for the B18B or LS engine.

How much do you plan on lowering your car? If it is not too much the Camber kit may not be nessary. I would suggest getting a Sway Bar kit either the Type R or a Comptech Sway kit.

Mr_Moos

Im not gonna boost for prob 8 months
My plan is to drop her two inches
depends on the wheels
how does my suspension setup sound?

DownShift96GSR

Since you don't plan on boosting for 8 months, I would work on your suspension. At the same time buy a part or two that would help with boosting. You know, buy your pistons one month, cams next month, then the valves, etc...... That's what I would do.

Your suspension set up is not that bad. But I personally wouldn't go with coilovers unless its a true coilover kit (ie. Spoon, TEIN). And the camber may not be needed, as stated earlier. Definately get the sway bar kit. I would say either Type R or Suspension Techniques kit, but Comptech wouldn't be a bad idea either.

milanoLS

cams?

suspension is the key. Without it, the power you create can have a negative effect on traction and acceleration. Do not get tokico's, get koni non adjustables. And put the rear skunk2 springs up front b/c they have a heavier load. It is a little track trick I learned. Those cams you chose are worthless. They also ruin your linear powerband. If going boost you want to boost first so when you choose cams you can have them made for the boost and power you are pushing. Why throw cams in and hope they function with the main power source....turbo. instead turbocharge and build around it.

Mr_Moos

You mean switch the springs front one in the back and the back ones in the front and that will work
Would 4lbs of boost be safe on stock internals
whats the name of the koni shocks