can anyone in Orange county help?

alexjoo

so i just got a verbal warning from a cop for my break lights not working....ALL of them dont work so im pretty sure im not the bulbs. i would rather have someone from forums help me out real quick then take it to the shop so yeah if no posts by tonight or tomorrow morning im going to go get it checked tuesday from a shop. keep in mind please that i do not know anything about car electronics....thanks in advanced

Spody02

Name: Cody
all mine didnt work when i got the car, i fucked with hella shit

then i checked the bulbs... and they were all bad, so i would just check

mirrorimg

There aren't many things that could go wrong in with the brake lights. As Spody said, it could simply be the bulbs. It could be as simple as a fuse. Check out the fuse to see if its blown. If it isnt, check the bulbs.

If its not the bulbs or fuse, it could be the brake light switch under the brake pedal. Are the bulbs illuminated when the lights are turned on, and do not brighten when the brake is pressed? Or do the rear lights not work at all?

alexjoo

the rear lights do work just not the break lights...how do i know if the fuses are broken?...ill prolly search after i post this hhaa

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
no fix it ticket in OC....

you must be white or asian....

i cant get away from them, or lakewood sheriffs.

alexjoo

i am asian but im pretty sure that had nothing to do with it -_- i know plenty of asian people who get fix it tickets all the time

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
wow,i freakin just got an unsafe speeding ticket today! in lakewood. wow, freakin not even 24 hrs. after i post that! it's like god is punishing me or something. wow. that some freaky ass coincidental ass shit right there, if i ever seen it before!

^ i know, everybody in irvine is pretty much asian. just went with the odds. lol

unwar- 2/26 court date.

alexjoo

thats pretty beat......hope everything goes well haha :D i dont drive over 50 local and during school hours i only drive at like 35 hahaha

vgees92gsr

so what is the problem i am having same issue but my under hood fuse is good tested it with a multimeter all is good checked brake switch replaced with a junkyard unit but still not working and all bulbs are good i am gonna replace stop light switch with a brand new one tomorrow in the morning when part gets to my local auto parts store

alexjoo

it was my brake switch and my bulbs.........thats about it for me haha i hope you fix your car though man :D

alexjoo

^ i was going to go but they were going to charge me 100 for just brake switch with install i paid like 35 for all parts + install and in my city and autozone =/ sorry