car wont start

acura2b

Ok i got a 94 Ls 5 speed, Having starting problems( just got the car for $500)

ok this is what i tried so far,
tried a different ECU(95 Ls) but no luck
i check timing belt--- its ok
car cranks- not starting
Battery is good- tried jumping too but no luck
pulled one plug wire to check for spark----- NO spark
changed distributor & rotor - but no luck

what else can i do?

thanks

Baldy201

what about the plug wires are they good? idk if the will make any diffrence but it was worth a shot. Was the dist. and rotor brand new or used. cause you may have a bad dist.

acura2b

distributor cap and rotor are new.
Plug wires are new also.

Any more help would be appreciated.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
ever think about the spark plugs? they are pretty cheap

jumpstv4

heres what to do my friend. timing could be off by a few teeth so play with the distributor and adjust it a few degrees forward or backwards. if that makes a change in the start up your timing is off. even more common is that your coil in the distrib could be bad. from what you just wrote you should try checking your main relay that is mounted above the driver's side kick panel. it is a small 3x2 grey box with an orange plug. if that is not bad, check the continuity of your ground wires under the hood.

oh ya.....how did you get this for 500 bucks. ill pay you 900 for it.

acura2b

i checked the relay. the relay is good the dist. is also good i changed it 3 times took it out of a running car still have no sparks coming out of the dis. there is power goiing into the dis. the computer box has also been changed 3 times taken out of running cars. still no spark. none of the wire in the wire harness is cut or damaged checked one by one. running out of ideas. can anybody help

hyper98gsr

thoroughly re-check your wire harness. then check the plugs on the distributer for loose or missing prongs and guides.