Catback exhaust vs. Bronze Konig rims

01cleatus

Alright peeps I have a dilemma :smackself . I got my check from my scholarship here and its a pretty good one I am stickin some in my turbo fund and the rest I either want to buy a Hayame cat back exhaust or buy 15" Bronze Konig Helium rims.The cool thing about the rims is that they are lightweight and weigh about 10 lbs. They both are about he same price and I like both equally as much, but at out curiousity I just wanted to know what would you guys pick? Cause any advice would probably sway my decision right now cause I seiously am tore right down the middle.

Last edited:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
i think if you going to go wit rims, but going wit small size like 15" there is no point to it. i would say 17 or 16 being the smallest you so go. you might be trying to get light weight rims, well you can always go wit VOLK, yea they're expensive but they are worth it. sometime in the future....hehe when i have money i wanna get me some 18" Volk Bronze Rims too.

Exodius

Maybe you could post a pic of your ride so we can see what it looks like. Maybe your ride needs some new rims or maybe a new exhaust for aesthetic purposes. Or maybe if your goin for performance I'd probably go with the new exhaust :)

DownShift96GSR

Hayame exhaust? Its kinda funny you should say that. I currently have a Hayame exhaust on my car. Since my car was in an accident and I was cut a huge check, i'm shooting for turbo. If I do go turbo, i'll be getting a new exhaust. Which means I'll be selling my Hayame exhaust. Keep that in mind when making your decision. I personally would get the exhaust. But if you do that then you would pay more than you would if you bought mine, and then I would still have to find someone to buy mine. Good luck in making your decision.

01cleatus

Thanks guys for the input mojo I don't really want big rims but I see the point your getting across and I understand that if I am going to get rims I should go big. The reason I was wanting these was cause they fit the exact same size tires I got on my stock web rims now. I just got the tires and didnt want to spend more $$ on rubber. Oh Exodius if you look under my profile or click on my name to the left of this post it will take you to a pic of my car. It is your basic white LS integra. And Downshift how much are you sellin your exhaust for and this mights be a stupid wuestion but I have dc sports headers for an LS and was wondering would that fit ok cause you have a GSR. Get back to me and if I can't make up my mind now about an exhaust now then maybe I'll probably take you up on the offer. But get back to me bro.As for right now though I think I am going for the exhaust cause my friend was telling me that my car looks alright cause my rims are alright and still new looking. For god sakes I only have 22,000 miles on it.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
lol downshift you sound like a salesman, lol anyways....what exhaust sys. do u have in mind? i'm guessing you gonna go with a full catback sys. there are plenty of good brand names that have exhuast sys. for your model. maybe you should ask what exhaust they have on their teg and see how they like it or dislike it , if they feel a difference.

me, i have a HKS Hi Power,
Apperance: 10
Noise: 9 (not loud- extremely deep tone, no bumble bee noise while idle, low deep tone, highway and high RPMS, still a nice deep tone, very aggressive if you rev it up)
Performance: 6 - can feel a difference when i push the gas, lil bit quicker throttle response

SlyDC2

isnt a scholarship for... school?

01cleatus

I get paid $803.00 a month for living expenses. I also have my school paid for in full. The reason I said it was a good one ( the check) is because sometimes when the semester ends early in the month like this month I would recieve a partial check, but for some reason I recieved a full check for this month. I am very blessed to have recieved the opportunity to go to school like this. Otherwise I would never had a chance to go to college. My family isnt well off at all. My father passed away when I was young and my mother worked full time to get the bills paid. So the scholarship really helped me out. The thing is I work full time as well, so the money I earn at work pays my bills for now and the money I get from school is actually the money I saved up to help get my car, and it's also the money I save. The only catch with the scholarship is that I have to go to school full time all the time. So that part sucks. Also SlyDC2 this is off topic but I noticed we have the same kind of suspension (tokico blue gas shocks and springs) I was looking in to getting an ITR lip and was wondering if you had any trouble with scraping it any more than usual. Because I am always bottoming out or scraping my front as it is right now but I love how they look on the car so please if you can tell me if it is worth investing into or just to not even bother with the hassle of maintaining the lip.

Last edited:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
think when you scratch your kit or lip, its just the fact of how low ur car is, and how fast ur going over bumps. i still get scratches when i go high speed bumps...why? i dont know...i'm on stock height...maybe its just the bumps here...its thin and high...when i say high i mean high. and the stupid dealership show me a car with mud flaps...i didnt notice it at first, i noticed it when i was takin pics of my car...damnit...=\