Creaking from rear end help

soccer4life

Hi, after installing new struts and springs about 4 months ago, my rear end has been creaking like a motherfucker. Mostly when i hit a bump or any irregualarties in the road. Sounds like its coming from the top of the struts or the suspension itself. Does anyone know what the problem might be or how to fix it? Thanks

mirrorimg

Did you tighten the lower strut bolts while the rear end was airborne and didnt have any load on it? Thats a good way to over stretch the bushing and cause them to fail. Thats probably where your squeaking is coming from.

Try spraying those bushing with some silicone lubricant or what have you and see if that helps alleviate the squeaking. If it does, you know what need replacing. The lubricant will only be a temporary fix.

Strategist102

Banned
Hi

There seems to be a creaking sound that's coming from my rear. It's very loud and noticeable when I am running my car through a cold start but after some warm up the sound seems to only happen occasionally.

I consistently hear this creaking sound in two situations: while I'm reversing and as I am coming to a stop.

I was wondering if someone can help me brainstorm possible sources for the creaking.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
So the rear creaks during suspension travel. Reverse goes down.. comin to a stop goes up..

Are your springs and shocks original?

Theres bushings in the tophats

Strategist102

Banned
Yeah

So I'm guessing while I'm accelerating and decelerating the plastic hinges on the Trunk Lid seem to be vibrating to the point that the hinges produce a squeaking sound. I found this out after I removed my trunk lid cover and drove the teggy around a bit.

One way to fix it is to put some electrical tape on the hinges per another person's suggestions.

Thanks for all the help!