Engine Electrical Help Needed! speedometer doesn't work

DA6streetsleepr

Okay I have a 93 DA which is perfectly fine but I'm about to trade for a RHD 4 door DA. The problem is that on the RHD DA the speedometer and turn signals don't work. How do you fix? I haven't attempted to fix cuz dont own car yet. But I could really use the help befoerhand. I was told to check the speed sensor and make sure it's connected and has power. On the turn signals of course check the fuses and make sure the bulbs aint burnt out. But what else should I do or know.Also, the guy had somebody install a push buttonr start system that doesn't work now. What should I do? I've never dealt with installing the buttons themselves. I had one on my EF9 CRX and it worked fine. Please help ASAP.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
well since the speedo is mechanical, and not electrical, it doesnt need power. check and make sure your speedo cable is pluged into the back of the gauge cluster, as well as the speedometer itself (on top of the tranny)

as for the turn signals, check fuses and for loose wiring

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
its only a pain the first few times you do it, then its cake.

G2IC Write up

that tells you how to take it out. but i would suggest removing the speedo cable from the tranny so you have more room to work with when trying to disconnect the cable from the back of the cluster. good luck