Engine idleing too rough?

HondaJunior

well... I don't know if it's a big problem... but it's really annoying!
I just recently bought an 96 integra LS... (yesterday).. and today I'm feeling it vibrating at idle... more then what i would normally feel in any car. engine seems kinda louder then usual... and also i feel air pumping out when i remove my oil cap... the pumping can also be felt at the exhaust.

As far as I know the car is completely stock. only has 72k miles on it. gaskets and belts have been changed. what could this mean?!?!

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
well 4 cylinders idle rougher than V6s or V8s.

you shouldnt remove your oil cap when the car is running.

the air you feel pulsing at the muffler is called "EXHAUST GASSES", every car has it.

theres probably no problem.

x0supermonkey0x

if ur RPM's are high at idle... just turn down the screw on the T/B .. i recently did this because my car was always at 2500 RPMS... and was loud.. now its quieter and at 1000 RPM's

peace
Saad

slikk

Money Getter
Originally posted by "x0supermonkey0x"

if ur RPM's are high at idle... just turn down the screw on the T/B .. i recently did this because my car was always at 2500 RPMS... and was loud.. now its quieter and at 1000 RPM's

peace
Saad
even when it is warmed up its still 2500? . that is strange ... i know it usally idles high when it is cold and them comes down to about 800-900 after it warms up

jumpstv4

try changing fuel filter, spark plugs (properly gap them), and use a fuel injector cleanser with your next tank of gas. you should be fine!