exhaust resonator do you need it

DJNAS

HUSTLING FOR A HUSTLER
sup people ..

exhaust resonator do you need it ... and what dose it do for your car .. i had my exhaust changed to a greddy evo (axel back) lol yeah baby i am ghetto and what !! all the rest of the pipe's are straight back to the cat .. the guy at the muffler shop said i dont need the resonator... the car sounds good and is running faster .. my question is what are the pro and cons of a exhaust resonator and will it effect my emmisions inspection ? :twisted:

ca86108

i just heard that its unnecessary and weighs like i think 12-15 lbs.. and people take it off as weight reduction

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Resonators are said to take the infamous "ricer buzz" sound out of our exhausts. I put a resonator in my custom 2.5 inch Magnaflow system. I wanted my exhaust as quiet as possible, but also wanted a straight through muffler design for maximum exhaust flow, two things that don't really go together. I think getting rid of a resonator to save weight is virtually pointless, it weighs so little. Keeping a resonator in your system has no bad side effects besider the cost of buying it. It tends to lighten your wallet a little, hehe, but that's all. See...

These are the muffler and resonator I have on my car now. The resonator is just like the muffler on the inside, flow goes straight on through with no restriction. Killing the exhaust buzz and making everything quieter overall is worth the price (and the extra weight) of a resonator to me. :) It doesn't have any affect on emmissions. If your exhaust sounds fine to you, that's all that matters, and you'll be fine with no resonator.