exhuast

Black_GS

KAY WFT..i just has 2 theards up like3 days ago and now there gone anyone had that problem?....but anyways..i got 2 1/4 from header to exhuast ..tanabe ....just got like 4 tickets for that in less then 2 weeks cause weather finnally getting nice here in T.O and cops have there windows down and shit....thats like 500 hundread..in tickets in 2 weeks...but anyways if i put the silencer on will i loose power? and if the ITR stock muffer will fit with the 2 1/4 piping?

speedin

The Transporter
well a silencer will lose power but. its quickly removable. so drive around with it on and take it off to race. as for itr, i dunno. easy to just get a silencer

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Your posts disappeared because the site got hacked last weekend. Everyones posts for the previous week or two are gone.
You wont lose any power by using a silencer, but it looks like the popo have your number and you have no choice but to do something about that exhaust of yours. I don't know the size of the Type R's exhaust, but even if if it isn't 2.25 inch (if it's not 2.25 inches, it'll be slightly smaller, it won't be bigger) it won't be hard to make it fit to your exhaust. Any competent shop could do it and it won't cost much.

speedin

The Transporter
TegSox said:
You wont lose any power by using a silencer.
a silencer will restrict airflow to quiet down exhaust. when u restrict air flow u lose power. mabye not much but some.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
It restricts it by such a small degree it won't make but a very small difference, we're talking like maybe 1/2 to 1 HP in the upper rpm's. He won't feel any difference unless he lets the butt dyno psyche him out. :)

speedin

The Transporter
ok, so its small but just dont say ANY decrease. as for telling him to psyche out his "butt dyno" :hitlol: . shhhhhh we never said a word :roll:

dc2nr

he might even pick up some trq for the hp loss.

GSRawe

dc2nr said:
he might even pick up some trq for the hp loss.
The silencer I'm getting was tested on a dyno w/ my exhaust, it doesn't loose any upper end hp, and even gains SOME low end torque. I wouldn't think it's much different for any silencer.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I wanted to say that he might gain some low end torque, but I'm no expert when it comes to silencers so I didn't want to throw that out there without knowing for sure. I've never had a silencer, but I was just thinking logically about the physics of how an exhaust system works and what affect, if any, a silencer would have on it.
I guess I was right about the HP after all, though! Silly me that I let someone throw my logic train off the rails...I'm so ashamed. :oops:

Black_GS

any exhaust recomended to make it quieter..or im i fucked running the 2 1/2 and it wont make a difference...the silencer doesent seem to down the sound ...cars to loud??? change the bullshit ractive shit..was allways leaking air..now running megan 4 in 1 wit 2 1/4 with the tanabee muffer.. can't keep paying for the tickets...but dont wanna go back to stock...looks funny.....these cops are dicks up here...