Found the problem. need to fix wheel sensor

96 LS

so my ABS light has been on since i got this car. Anti-lock doesnt work. i swear you find these things out at the most inopportune time. the other day when it rained i was going not so fast..like 40 down a two lane road. up over a crest and all i see is a red traffic light and a line of cars..keep in mind there is only one lane. well im on the brakes and clutch..trying desperately to keep the tires turning and not sliding..trying desperately to work the shifter and clutch to try to slow down the car. when its almost too late and i almost slide right into a lexus, my car hopped the curb(luckily it was small) and went all the way down to the light, off the curb. i hit the turn signal and quickly busted a right. i can only imagine what the cars in that line were thinking when they saw that. honestly, i wasnt being a smart ass and going by, i really couldnt stop.

anyways, after a whole rack of research, i found how to check my own trouble codes/lights. you guys know the paper clip thing. anyways after counting the blinks i found the problem to be ABS DTC 4 2 - left front wheel sensor. i know i can get one of these for like 100 bones but could i replace it myself? does anyone know how to do this? should i just suck it up and take the car to the dealer? any feedback is appreciated.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Ive been going with out my abs for a while now, I just got used to down shifting. Then if you so slide let off the brakes a little and ease on them. It shouldnt be too hard to replace that, dealership will probably want to rape you.

DarkDB1

Depends... My last G2 had ABS and serious negative camber... The ABS worked also... i was going over a bridge and the light went from green to red with no yellow (strange :x ) It was wet outside from raining about 5 minutes earlyer... i slammed on the brakes and went spinning past the red light... Luckily it spun to a stop without hitting anything or anyone.

Then about a month later a Corolla cut me off, I slammed on the brakes and gripped the wheel, the rear slid out and i ended sliding into a curb, my integra was slammed at the time and the wheels had the worst camber i seen in person (it was my automatic DB1 also) So i just lost my front lip and cracked the bottom of the bumper :evil:

Now, I have good camber on my current sedan with ABS... When i slammed on the brakes in my current sedan in the rain, it came to a stop with slight sliding... It made a strange noise, like a growl :???:

siscoke

DarkDB1 said:
(it was my automatic DB1 also) So i just lost my front lip and cracked the bottom of the bumper :evil:

Now, I have good camber on my current sedan with ABS... When i slammed on the brakes in my current sedan in the rain, it came to a stop with slight sliding... It made a strange noise, like a growl :???:
that sound is normal mate :d

and you should have bought a camberkit for your DB1 ;)

greetz sis

Messiah62

i need help i have a rear left wheel sensor our i cant even find it in my repair manual or anything. somone go a page they can scan and show me or something thanks

xpopeyex

Had to change the ABS sensor on my left rear wheel. It pretty hard to find it. Should be on the left behind the disc/rotor. I can get some pix if you need it.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
it could be the ring on the axle if its your front wheel ... my old 94 accord EX w/ abs i put a new axle on it that came off a 97 SE (no abs) ... so after i get everything back together i drive and the damn abs light comes on ... posted about it on the accord forum i was on and they said i needed the ring from the old axle, so i had to tear everything down and put that shit in