FPR & Fuel Rail in stock gsr

95teg

if i have an aftermarket fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator, should i install it on my mostly stock gsr, i have i/h/e..let me know, some people say yes and some say it isnt worth it, but im thinking why wouldnt it.. even if it isnt boosted.. would it help? thanks!!!

Last edited:

95teg

so if i got it, might as well use it eh.. so it wont hurt ne thing, and theres no need for a new fuel pump is there? its not boosted or ne thing (yet)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
The fuel rail will do absolutley nothing for you except make your engine bay a little prettier.

As for the fpr, what BoostedITR41 said. The gains, if any, won't even be worth the price of the dyno time. Well, I suppose a new fpr would make your engine bay even prettier than the rail would do on its own :)

95teg

lol i suppose.. alright we ne ways, like i said i've got I/E/H; what should i ask for, for xmas? any ideas...

95teg

ive got a CATCO Highflow direct fit right now..

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
How about you tell us everything you already have, so were not recommending parts you already have. :roll:

95teg

lol i said exhaust..what would i just have a muffler? then i would have said muffler.. intake / header / full exhaust including cat.. thats all thats is done..:)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
When you buy an exhaust, does it come with a cat? No, its just an exhaust, a CAT BACK exhaust. A cat back exhaust starts at the end of the cat, and ends at the exhaust tip. The cat is a completely separate piece of equipment. It's not part of the header, its not part of the exhaust. If you buy just a muffler, that's not an exhaust, it just a muffler. When someone says they have I/H/E, that's different from having I/H/C/E.

Anyyywaaayyysss....How about a suspension upgrade? A rear sway bar is the single best handling mod you can get for your Teg, best bang for the buck. Sure, the upper front strut bar makes the engine bay look better, but t doesn't do nearly as much for you as a rear sway will. Or maybe you could lower your ride. It doesn't just make your car look cooler, it will handle better by lowering the center of gravity, and the stiffer spring rates help, too.

95teg

damnit tegsox..ok ok sorry once again i guess ill just list everything not just engine.. so
i have I/H/C/E!! also, lowered in H&R and Gas Shocks, it has factory upper strut bar thats truly all i can think of..but the rear sway bar sounds like a good idea; what engine mods would you consider i get?? really i am sorry this time i didnt even think about anything outside of the engine...

milanoLS

mods

If you want to make your gsr's vtec pull like a preludes. (which is nice). Get a skunk2 intake manifold and p28 chipped ecu. (go for 5300-5800 vtec engagment). My first gsr has skunk2 im, aem fpr, 5600 vtec chipped p28, apexi header, testpipe, oem itr exhaust, msd ignition, msd wires, iridium plugs, iceman cai. The only adjustable thing was the aem fpr, but at the dyno I got 179.03 hp. I was gonna get hondata and add ctr cams. But sold her. Stock internals with 112k. Maintanance is a big issue, Point is my quarter was 14.4 when I added the si tranny, skunk2 coilovers, and falken azenies on gsr swirlies. I could beat my friends 93 stock cobra and his 04 wrx on the highway. Off the line, not a chance. Since those mods I only lost to a T/A. I raced everything out there. But if you get the skunk2 im, you need a p28 ecu otherwise you'll get check engine light, and since the skunk2 im is a single ported runner, you need a single engagment vtec rather than the gsr's dual. And if you use a intake, buy one made for a type r b/c the gsr's wont fit no-matter how much you try.

ca86108

get aem underdrive pulleys.. i just got mines... u can feel a difference and they are like 145 u get added torque too