GReddy Header

acurateg96

is the greddy header any good? is it better compared to the DC Sports 4-2-1. i dont know too many people with it. most of them just have dc. what kinda of power increase will i get from the 4-2-1 header. should i get the 4-2-1 since my redline is only 6800?

BoostedITR41

acurateg96 said:
is the greddy header any good? is it better compared to the DC Sports 4-2-1. i dont know too many people with it. most of them just have dc. what kinda of power increase will i get from the 4-2-1 header. should i get the 4-2-1 since my redline is only 6800?

buy a 4-1 you will be much happier

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Where do you want your powerband to be? In other words, what part of the rpm range do you want to focus on and build power in?
Do you plan on building internals in the future, or are you only going to go as far as the basic bolt-ons?
Answer these questions for us first and we can help you from there.

BoostedITR, how can you recommend a part when you don't know the plan he has for his car?

BoostedITR41

because I have run a lot of headers in the time I have had honda cars. I have found that 4-2-1 does almost nothing for mid range and makes less top end than a 4-1. you may pick up 2hp in the mid range but drop 4 up top and 2 hp daily normal driving means nothing. in a race however topend means way more than 2hp in the midrange

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
OK, I can agree with that reasoning. But I'm saying that if he has all of his aftermarket parts working together towards the same goal and not mis-match them, his peak HP numer will be higher and his powerband broader. That's why he needs a plan for what he wants out of his car, so he's not wasting his money buying a part today that will work against what he's trying to accomplish in the long run.
There's a lot more to consider when buying a header than if it's a 4-1 or a 4-2-1, mainly collector size and if it has stepped primaries and/or secondaries to promote reversion.

acurateg96

yea i plan on working on my internals. i plan on going turbo in the future, but not right away. i want the most power to be from 5-7k rpms since my redlines only 6800.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I'm not sure why you want to waste time and money getting a header if your gonna boost eventually but OK, you want top end power and will build the internals someday. Then I would recommend a 4-1 header. I'm not sure what size collector you should look for, as I don't have much experience with non-VTEC Tegs. I suppose if you were to stay NA and install "stage 1" level cams, I'd go with a 2-2.25 inch collector. For a more aggresive cam setup get a 2.25-2.5 inch collector. But since you may boost in the future, your going to want Turbo cams rather than NA cams so that's all a moot point.
If your getting rid of the header eventually anyway, I suppose all this doesn't matter much and I would just buy a header that will be the easiest for me to sell in the future, aka, the brand most people think is the "coolest". If that's Greddy in your neck of the woods, then pick one up.

acurateg96

if i get the 4-1 header, will i lose some low end torque? and if i do lose some, will the top end make up for it?

Baldy201

if you lose some low end you will not lose much. this day the 4-1 does a good job of covering mid and high ranges of the power band. Go ahead and get the 4-1, GReedy is a good company and i trust the things that they produce. there really is not big diffrence between DC and GReedy. You will be happy with both.

dc2nr

Baldy201 said:
if you lose some low end you will not lose much. this day the 4-1 does a good job of covering mid and high ranges of the power band. Go ahead and get the 4-1, GReedy is a good company and i trust the things that they produce. there really is not big diffrence between DC and GReedy. You will be happy with both.

dc makes a bit more power with the jdm copy, but if u wanna buy a brand name i cant say greddy is bad but i cant say there good at the same time.

i bought a kamakaze header for my setup.

acurateg96

i think greddy only makes a 4-2-1 design. will i still get more top end with the 4-1 even though i dont rev that high.

dc2nr

acurateg96 said:
i think greddy only makes a 4-2-1 design. will i still get more top end with the 4-1 even though i dont rev that high.

for you i would get a 2 piece header (easier to install)
then 4-2-1 low-mid
4-1 mid-high

and yes u would notice a better top end