GSR all motor drag car....suggestions?

ae86alex

Does any one have any experience building grs's all motor for drag??? My girlfriend does bracket racing and wants to do an all motor set up -- She knows that turbo would be cheaper and more power but she wants to do an all motor set up on her 96 gsr -- she wanted to do Jun stage 3 cams and the jun valve train of course with some ctr pistons and maybe eagle rods with a slight port and polish and match port every thing soo she is about to do it ---- - but thought maybe you guys had some ideas on building a good drag set up all motor integra..

Baldy201

that sounds like an awesome set up. but the one thing she has to do is tune, tune and more tuning. hopefully she will be doing more to extract all the HP she needs. like a IM and header. hopefully she has done her reasearch on all of her parts. but by the looks of things she has.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
why would turbo be cheaper than all motor? with those parts you said, turbo would twice the cost of her all motor application. i figure about 2000-2500 for what you have there. a decent turbo system will cost 3000+. unless you junkyard all the pieces and hope everything still works

ae86alex

OOOps... I Type retarded some times sorry... well what i meant GSR !!! but im sure you know what i meant.--- the next step i forgot to mension is that she was thinking of using a HONDATA piggyback --- is that enough?? i know that a stand alone would be better.
I want to also reply to the person that said that turbos are more expensive - that's is way off wrong the turbo kit complete from REV HARD i can get for about 2300 somewhere around there --- the cams alone on JUN stage 3's are running around 1200 retail alone ,head work about 1200-1500, the valve train about 600 bucks, pistons rods are around 600 - 800 if she decides to do arias pistons -- HONDATA runs about im guessing 600 bucks but that one i don't know ... so you do the math -- im guessing around 4000 bucks!!!! so i think turbo is much cheaper but i guess it's who you know !!!!

ae86alex

i forgot too add labor :lol: turbo usually runs about 500 bucks -- now that set up mmmm.... :roll:

TurboBH

I'm going with Evil on this. Because doing a turbo build up doesn't just require kit. You have to build up the bottom end if you intend to run any good amount of boost. Might want to stroke it or something for better low end torque. Plus if the kit doesn't come with a fuel system then you have to upgrade that or add more to the fuel system. Some don't come with much of a computer either. But I wont' say that a good all motor setup is cheap either. I mean if you used a spoon block and put high compression pistons in it and stroked it, that would be pretty damn pricey.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
Originally posted by "ae86alex"

I want to also reply to the person that said that turbos are more expensive - that's is way off wrong the turbo kit complete from REV HARD i can get for about 2300 somewhere around there
i said decent kits, not crappy ones.

and a Hondata is not a Piggy back, its a stand alone