Have you done a rear disc swap on a Civic or EL?

Zhu Tou

I have found a seller with a "complete" rear disc setup from a '00 GS-R which I plan to install on my '97 Si coupe. The brakes are ABS compatible, which is what I need.

I've done some searches and have come up with all sorts of different information. Some say I can make do with the MC that's currently on my car, others say I'll need the Integra MC. Some say I'll need '99 - '00 SiR e-brake cables because the ones on the Integra are too long, others say I won't have to worry about this. This is among other conflicting info. I only have one question, and I need a definite answer:

Will the GS-R setup bolt on with NO PROBLEMS? Or will I need more/different parts?

Chuckie Finster

Yes it will bolt on. The suspension on all the 4, 5 and 6 Gen Civics and 2 and 3 Gen Tegs were nearly the same. The Stock master cylinder will work for that setup but it is recommended that you upgrade to a larger one. The reason? Because the added rear disc brakes will require more brake pedal travel to work the brakes--you'll have to push the pedal almost all the way to the floor for full braking; kinda ruining anyway of heel-toe downshifting. If you want to keep the pedal effort the same, it is recommended you upgrade to a larger master cylinder.

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/brakeswap.html

Todd

token ex-mod
you must be from canada, and imo i wouldnt mess with abs system myself... i'd have it done by a proffesional