having ahard time with the car overheating.

blitzgsr1997

changed the thremostat,checked for cylinder compression and checked oil for water or antifreeze.
So far compression on all 4 cylinders are 10 to 2. No water or antifreeze in oil. changed the thremostat.Car overheats and looses antifreeze. leaking from some where around the motor. Any of you have any advice on what it could be.

SxySlammedTeggy

I had that same problem a while ago... it turned out that my radiator had a small crack in it... i replaced it and havent had a problem since... i dunno if thats what your problem is but its a thought.

Baldy201

Is the antifreeze leaking out around a hose? or is it just leaking out anywhere on the block? Sounds like you have a bad radiator, or a clog in one of your hoses. Since you dont have water or anything like that in the oil i doubt that the headgasket is bad. Check your seal around the thermostat that you installed and make sure that is good. This may sound dumb but, did you check the new thermosat before you put it in?

blitzgsr1997

Baldy201 said:
Is the antifreeze leaking out around a hose? or is it just leaking out anywhere on the block? Sounds like you have a bad radiator, or a clog in one of your hoses. Since you dont have water or anything like that in the oil i doubt that the headgasket is bad. Check your seal around the thermostat that you installed and make sure that is good. This may sound dumb but, did you check the new thermosat before you put it in?
yed I checked the thermostat before installation . It look like its leaking from the middle of the motor But i think its leaking from the side and running down to the middle of the motor. I just hope you are right and its not the headgasket. :cry:

Dsanchez16

problem

Yeah, i had same problem, my car's sensors did not show it overheating, it simply would shut off ( even on the Highway). The radiator had been pached up from the previous owner (douchebag) and was leaking fluid. Could also be the bypass valve....have you/did you install your CAI correctly....check and double check all tubing.

If all else fails, take it to a trusty mechanic, might be expensive but they can usually diag. the problem and fix it for you.

D*A*S

sid77

3G Integra radiators are not known to last very long due to the plastic used on both the top and the bottom of the radiators but in your case its probably a hose, water pump leak possibly, or maybe at last a leaky radiator. I just replaced my radiator like 1 mo ago and it appeared i was leaking from the motor as well. When in fact it was from the radiator. Its an easy replacement and the radiators aren't terribly expensive mine was like 120 from the local Parks. Hope this helps

Dsanchez16

Shit just replaced the header and now i have a leak.....wtf...brand new radiator too...what the hell could this be?