How To: Install UKDM/EDM Integra Headlights

justjdm

DB8 Whore
Hey guys! Well, I believe I have made the first How-To for the UKDM/EDM headlights. Just incase no one know what these lights do, these lights are used in Europe that is factory installed in the UKDM/EDM 98-01 Integra Type R's. The purpose of the headlights is to adjust the beam projector from inside the cabin of the car due to weather conditions so the driver can see better. This how to is to help everyone wire up thier headlights to make them actually fully adjustable inside the cabin of the car. I made the schematic by myself. Took me a good week to figure all this out and never had any problems after I was done! You do not need any relays or resistors!

Here is what you need:

-UKDM/EDM 98-01 headlights w/workable motors and pigtails
-UKDM/EDM adjustable headlight switch w/pigtail
-Wires and terminals (I made my own harness since the actual UKDM/EDM harness is built into the engine harness)
-Wire loom

Installation Instructions (Wire schematic is attached on bottom of page):

1.) Take out old USDM headlights and install UKDM/EDM headlights
2.) Take out old sunroof switch
3.) Connect Green/Orange wire on your pigtail of adjustable switch to a 12V power source. I ended up connecting it to a terminal in my fusebox. Make sure you don't have constant 12V going to the headlights or else you will kill the battery. You need to connect it to a source that only turns on 12v when the ignition is on.
4.) After finding a good 12V source, splice the Green/Orange wire into the Green/Orange wires coming out of each headlight motor pigtail.
5.) Connect Yellow/Red wire from adjustable switch to right headlight motor.
6.) Connect Yellow/Blue wire from adjustable switch to left headlight motor.
7.) Connect Black wire from adjustable switch to a good ground under dash somewhere.
8.) Connect Black wire from each pigtail on headlight motors to chassis for ground.
9.) Install pigtail into headlight adjustable switch and install in dash vent.
10.) Turn on car and see if they work
11.) YOUR DONE!!!!

*If needed, you can use a adjustable headlight switch out of a UKDM EP3 01-03 Civic SI. I did it this way because I still wanted to use my sunroof. I installed the switch in my center console where the switch cutouts are. I just had to dremel a bit to get it in there, but looked awesome! Also, a UKDM/EDM 92-95 Civic adjustable headlight switch will work and fit in the center console as well with no mods.*

Some pics of my old setup:

UKDM EP3 civic switch installed:

UKDM/EDM adjustable headlight switch:

Attachments

Last edited: