How's the Skunk 2 coilover ride quality?

Chuckie Finster

Depends on what you're definition of a "rough ride" is. They are pretty stiff but IMO they're not stiff enough. I don't have a problem with the skunk2's at all while others find it "bone-jarring stiff"--I'm a grip monkey. The skunk2's have a linear spring rate of 500 lbs up front and 400 rear. For comparison a stock GSR is 200f and 95r while a nice set of Progress springs, which are considered a pretty good street setup, are 320f and 200r, respectively. Both are progressive rate by the way. Again, it's all based on one's own honest opinion of what "stiff" really is. Ask yourself, are you a minion of ultimate grip and don't just like, but love the rough ride that grip is so associated with?(<--grip ownz me) :twisted: If the answer is YES, then open your wallet, put on your mouth pieces and lets get serious. :drive:

slikk

Money Getter
hey chucky are you always drunk or always high ..

all you post are like lectures.

IntegraMan

I need ideas for a sway bar, camber correction kit, and coilovers.. The suspension I have pick out is tein's SS with pillbows.

speedin

The Transporter
IntegraMan said:
I need ideas for a sway bar, camber correction kit, and coilovers.. The suspension I have pick out is tein's SS with pillbows.
you have that kind of $. nice tein's are the best in my opinion

Chuckie Finster

slikk said:
hey chucky are you always drunk or always high ..

all you post are like lectures.
:laugh: LOL Naw my lectures are when I'm NOT drunk or hi. When I am...ughhh, you don't wanna know. :banana:

IntegraMan

speedin said:
you have that kind of $. nice tein's are the best in my opinion
I figure work on the suspension frist. Then go on and start messing with the engine and the internals so I can throw a Jackson Racing Supercharger on it. I still lack the coilover, sway bar, and a camber correction kit. What brands do you guys suggest? I'll take a look at them.