integra vs mustang cobra

teg9five

a.k.a. crabs!
so today me and a friend of mine raced down the highway. he told me before we left the mall he wanted to race and i was like ok. i knew i wouldnt win considering i have a 95 integra ls with just an air intake and he has a mustang cobra (about the same year) with just exhaust i think. so anyways we cruised next to each other around 70-75 and then he gave me the go ahead and i dropped it down to 3rd and floored it. i dont know what he was in but he slowly creeped his way in front of me and then basically had it from there. he ended up with about 5 or 6 car lengths on me by the time we had to slow up for traffic. i was pretty suprised though. that was the 1st time i ran my car that hard since i bought it about a month ago. i was doing 110 last i looked and that was a little bit before i redlined in 4th and shifted to 5th. so im thinking i was doing atleast 120 before letting off the gas due to traffic.

overall it was a good race despite knowing he had a faster car. i just wanted to show i could keep up and get a little more respect for the tegs from the "bigger guys" if you will
:drive:​

JOEY

throw some nitrous on your car and smoke him by 5 or 6 cars 8)
dude this sunday I ran a 2004 Cobra, which is supercharged in case you all dont know, and I lost!!! I was upset as hell but I mean im only running 9psi and he only got me by a car, although I had him 1st,2nd and 3rd gear. next time though hopefully me and you will have a win story over these cobras.

speedin

The Transporter
beat a cobra in the turns? dont know if u guys think that counts, i do. i think its all about the twisties. all i heard behind me the whole time was....eeeerrrrrrrrr. he was pushing hard but to no avail.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The car had twice the engine you do, so dont feel bad. I beat a Dodge Ram 1500 in my teg. I screw with faster cars all the time. I rev on S2000s mustangs vettes, and camaros. Kept up with a street bike once. I dropped it down and i think he just gave it some gas, either way i was laughin my ass off.

1329itr00

Type R
has anyone had a run with the 05 mustangs(gt) i heard they are quicker than the 04's by like .3 1/4 mile time... just curious cause some kid was driving one and just flew past me and threw his hazards on i didn't even see him coming... i hate when people do that lol... o well jus curious about the 05's

redinteg44

My buddy's dad jsut got anew 05 mustang gt so i will try to get him to race me in my not so stock 94 LS :drive:

ca86108

those are quick and run liek 13.8.. i beat one becuz it was a traffic runl.. it just depended on who cleared thru traffic first.. but if i raced regularly i woulda lost they are fast.. i dont like the look tho

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Those '05 Mustangs look pretty badass, I like them. Not saying I'm gonna be buying one, but they look nice.

Hey redinteg44, I love the smiley Type R! Give your average, everyday smiley a fartcan and Erector set wing and VOILA, you got Smiley Type R. That's hilarious! :lol:

DB8_228

mustangs pretty much try to catch up at top end....they are pretty quick...buh i know for sure you can beat them off the line.