Is lowering a car bad for it?

cHuBByCU

i wanted to lower my car but some people were telling me not to because it does a lot of damage to your car. I was wondering how low should i go so that it wont be messing up things under my car and which kind of springs and shocks should i get.

hyper98gsr

from experience...it dosn't hurt your car to lower it. but if you lower it too much over factory , you will adjust your camber(makes your car look bowlegged) you will need to correct it with a camber correction kit.

i prefer a .50-1.50 in. drop. it looks much better than factory and it feels like factory. anything over that and you will screw up your camber and give up ride comfortability.

all springs have a sport kit and a race kit.(ie. eibach sport, h&r sport, neuspeed sport, eibach race, h&r race, and neuspeed race. etc). sport kits have anywhere from .50-1.50 drop while race kits have anywhere from 1.75-2.50+ drops.

bottom line. its all about what you want. do you want a stock ride with a sporty drop or do you want a terrible ride with an, i must admit, really nice look?

Baldy201

Yea you will not hurt your car if you drop it. the only time you may hurt it is when you go over huge speed bumps you may scrape. I Have H&R Sports on my car and I love the drop and the ride feels nice. As for shocks, Koni makes excelent shocks. Most people go with the "yellows" I have no idea what the real name is for them but that is what most people call them.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
tell your friends they are idiots :lol:

cHuBByCU

when you lower it will the ride be bouncy? or it depends on the shocks? does the springs settle in and lower the car more than you set it as? well thanks guys you changed my mind about lowering so now im thinking about it. any suggestions on what kind of springs i should get?

hyper98gsr

it depends on how much you lower it for bounciness. it isn't the shocks. i recommend h&r sport springs. i have tokico blues and h&r sports on my car. it rides nice and looks nice.

mrdopey

I recommend eibachs or neuspeeds. Im getting eibach prokit soon I used to have neuspeeds. The springs are pretty stiff so it isnt bouncy. Its a good ride.

Baldy201

It will not matter how low you go for bouncyness, but it does matter on shocks. you will not feel to much bounce on stock shocks but if they are blown you will feel it. Thw whole idea behind shocks is to make the car stop bouncing. As for shocks, Koni Yellows are good shocks when you go low. they are valved correctly to accepet a drop of around 2".

cHuBByCU

im planning on getting some neuspeed softsport springs which lowers .75" i was wondering if that would do anything as of looks and if the performance would be any good.

Baldy201

it all depends on the wheel tire combo that you have, and your preferance that will determine how you like the drop. I have 16" with 195/45/16 tires on my car, and i like how it looks others say it is to far of a drop some say i need to go farther. you be the judge. these are on H&R sports that is a 1.75"f/1.5r

hyper98gsr

that is a nice drop. i thought i had h&r sports but i have tokico springs. they drop 1.00-1.50in i like the rear but the front is a little high. when my camera gets here i will post pics. i think im going to get those h&r coilovers on ebay.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
i forgot to measure how much i lowered my car. i think ill just go up to some stock G2 that i see next time with a tape measurer :lol:

anyways, in this pic im running on some 195/60/14s (stock wheels size for G2s)

im also taking a right hand corner so what little roll i have in the car is on top of the left side wheels which makes it look like im lower than i am.

im running on Ground Controls with custom spring rates and Koni Yellow shocks. the Konis are the best shock i have seen yet. you can adjust each one how you feel neccessary [to make it stiffer (more bouncy) or softer (less bouncy)]

i highly suggest the GCs with Konis, they are made for each other.

B16aTeggy

i slamed my friends 95 GSR with sum cheap ass egay coilovers it rides alot better than the cut H&R springs..(well the person he bought it from had cut H&R springs in the front and coil overs in the back).. if lower ur car make sure u get the camber kits so u dont wear ur tires out.. and if u drag or race ur car u really really need ur cambers fixed.. if u half ass it.. ur times will suck dick