is there any point to......

kbplaya

is there any point to do out a automatic car's engine? cuz i do want a fast car, but i really really suck at driving standard. Should i do the engine, or just make it a nice lookin car?

KrNxRaCer00

Originally posted by "kbplaya"

is there any point to do out a automatic car's engine? cuz i do want a fast car, but i really really suck at driving standard. Should i do the engine, or just make it a nice lookin car?
wut do u mean "do out?"

do u mean modify? honestly, the auto tranny's in honda's are known to be dogs an they don't handle much power w/ out shitting out.

yes, many of the old-school muscle cars are auto's, but for us honda-heads...no way.

its not a waste of money, ur jus gonna be slower than u could be w/ a 5-speed is all (so in a way, it is a waste of money.)

plus...being a BAD manual driver is simply lack of practice. more u practice, better u'll be.

lstec

Trust me . . . . i had a automatic 92 integra ls. Then i got my 95 integra SE sooooooooo much of a diff. Its incredible.

Aphex

Only thing i dislike about my 5spd is that when i was younger, i broke all 5 medetarsels on my left foot [basically breaking your foot, but a lot worse]. Every time i go in cold water or apply pressure it still kinda hurts. After hours of stop/go driving in a 5spd, my foot really hurts.

So.. if you have foot injury or are lazy, automatics are nice, but if you wanna be sporty, get the manual.

kbplaya

i did break my foot :s and i found it hard to switch gears, talk on the phone and adjust songs and cds all with 2 hands, so im kinda glad i went auto, but now.......... i want to race :p so i was wonderin if theres any point to getting a stick or not..... maybe when im a bit older and stuff, i mean i enjoy driving my uncles viper gts coupe, its fast as fuck, but just hard to do everything and have shifting ontop of that