LS swap vs. GSR

type dc2

Lets say I bought a LS and did a gsr engine swap on it. Would that be cheaper then acually buying a GSR?

killab18

it would save you money on insurance. but it depends on what year ls you get. if you get one with high milage and then buy the gsr swap it would be a little cheaper. if you can find the motor from someone for a good price. if you buy it from a place expect about $2500 for the swap. hope this helps.

ca86108

dont be ghetto just get a gsr... u can get a gsr for 5000-7000... with the gsr.. u get leather seats.. better rims.. overall just BETTER shit

IntegrasAreBest

Honda / Acura Fanatic
yeah your lucky my friend...my parents read up on hondas and acuras and didnt let me get another gsr after my gsr got stolen. so what do they do? fork out 8 grand for my gs. i think i'm gonna learn the basics of either turbo charging or supercharging with this car since it has 70,000 miles and then i can always swap in an engine. but i definitly agree with ca just get the gsr.

Black_GS

just get a nice teg in good shape dont worry bout the motor....just swap that.. B20 or K24.....and just wurk on that,,,just waiting next month and ill get mine...3500 canadian money... wit transmission and CPU but the mounts and transmission converiotion ganna be a bitch for the K24..but in the long run it be worth it...

ltrain

i can give u a list of reasons to get the gsr besides the engine....... and a better tranny(gsr has shorter throws) leather seats plus doors , 6 disk cd changer. stock strut bar and ranti roll bar, i think its called that, and 4 disk brakes, and better rims and abs dammmnnn the list goes on

if your gonna do all that in the swap your better off getting a used type s lol

tsqualers

All gsr's dont come with leather,6 disk changer and "better" wheels BTW

Its ur $$$ "type dc2" do what U want. Who care what people say/think.

01cleatus

ltrain said:
i can give u a list of reasons to get the gsr besides the engine....... 4 disk brakes, and better rims and abs dammmnnn the list goes on
Hey bro my LS came with 4 disc brakes, ABS also..... And it really comes down to prefference whether they are nicer rims or not.

Type DC2 , Honestly bro see how much $$$ you got to work with, and what kinda of goals you wanna achieve and go from there. If what you want is an integra just get an integra at the cheapest price you can find with an excellent exterior.... Then go from there. NA drop a GSR engine if it didnt come with one, or if you find a LS,GS,RS then turbo that beast, the lower compression is better suited for forced induction. Just don't spend to much money. You can definately find a teg for a real cheap price if your patient. LS' are alot cheaper on insurance too. As for leather seats... they are cool and at one time I wanted them but I don't think I would really want them now with the hot Florida heat. There area lot of options to choose from so just weigh them out and take your time bro. Good luck too on you search. Hope you get a nice teg.