LS Turbo 5PSI? NA? LSVTEC? Advice wanted.

diamondfuzz

New to this forum stuff, but anyways. I have 1994 Integra LS (b18b). Its manual and it has about 230,000 miles on it. I want more power. I plan to go Turbo. Its my daily driver so I'm not trying to push high numbers and risk my motors life. I'll probably go with a small turbo kit off ebay. YES EBAY. BLA BLA EBAY SUCKS BLA BLA. I only plan on running around 5 psi on a small turbo. I'll probably go with an FMU setup. The turbo kit would be the speed daddy kit. ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/401054404791?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT ) Something like that. Like I said I want to do an FMU set up. No tune. Just fuel management with the FMU.

My goal is too gain around 30hp. I figured that is a reasonable goal for me.

Can anyone with experience tell me what they think about this? Would I be better of trying to go LS VTEC, or maybe just do bolt ons, or get cams and bolts on and maybe some head work and try to go NA. Either way my goal is to gain around 30hp. Not a big goal I don't think. Also keep in mind, I plan on doing most of the work at home DIY. So tuning is out the door for me I guess.

Thank you to anyone who leaves me some advice or constructive criticism. Any questions, let me know.

Noneed2Hate

I would build the motor honestly, at 230,000 miles there really isn't much you can do without needing to eventually (most likely sooner than later with those miles) rebuild your motor etc. This way you know for sure the money you are dumping into making your car "faster" is in effect just replacing older worn out parts that need replacing anyway.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
In my opinion you're going about this all the wrong way but it sounds like you need to waste time and money before you learn. I would at least get a wideband AFR gauge so you can attempt to tune the air fuel ratio.

diamondfuzz

Yeah that makes sense. I pretty much figured I'd be due for a rebuild soon.

And yes, it would make sense to set up a wide band before doing any serious upgrades so I can make sure my AFR is good. I will definitely install one asap.

So I guess my question now is, when I rebuild it, I should probably rebuild it with higher compression pistons, and stronger rods right? And might as well do the cams while the head is off already, right? If I want to do an NA build that is. Or just stronger internals all around If I want to go turbo.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited: