LS/VTEC turbo motor help

jarmand

I just bought a spare b18b1 motor and b16 head. I plan to keep the bottom end stock and make about 250 hp. My question is this. To keep the motor as reliable as possible does anyone have suggestions on how to build the block and what machineing needs to be done. Would I need studs for the motor, aftermarket piston rings or factory, what bearings, etcetera etcetera. I am still kinda new to this and couldn't find any solid answer so any help would be appriciated. Please dont write anything if your not going to say anything nice.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
I just bought a spare b18b1 motor and b16 head. I plan to keep the bottom end stock and make about 250 hp. My question is this. To keep the motor as reliable as possible does anyone have suggestions on how to build the block and what machineing needs to be done. Would I need studs for the motor, aftermarket piston rings or factory, what bearings, etcetera etcetera. I am still kinda new to this and couldn't find any solid answer so any help would be appriciated. Please dont write anything if your not going to say anything nice.
Make sure to message me when you wanna buy. Best prices around! 250 isn't a really high number, so you'll be fine on stock internals. Stock replacement piston rings will be fine. Oem bearings or acl are fine. You'll want to get some arp head studs.

jarmand

I already have a b18b boosted in my DC and I want more power :) Thanks for the help KYLE

Last edited: