Measure the win

droz2

Well, i have got my GSR waiting in the garage now and well, GSR push like 170-180 hp on an NA engine. It certainly will save me lots of trouble because turbo cars will always end up in the garage. BUT turbo GSR is good IF you can tuned it very well...because the turbo will tend to "overwrite" the vtec and if so, it doesn't really matter if its a GSR or an LS engine if i put in turbo...

Anyway, assuming you guys are in the US and will all the mustang and camaro around...let's say i have a turbo integra and i race with a camaro (5.7 litre) , I manage to be closely behind him in the end of the race , who win the race?? me or the camaro?? you guys get what i mean?? what is the weight between a turbo and a NA 5.7 litre car..??( as in how do u guys meansure the win)

DownShift96GSR

Sorry dude, but WHAT!!?? I'm not sure I get what your saying...... Any car with a turbo will run well if tuned properly. If your talking stock Mustangs and Cameros VS. a Turbo'd GSR, the GSR will pull those heavy ass vehicles like nobody's business, depending on the driver of course. Mustangs arent that much faster than GSR's to begin with, unless its a Cobra.

Explain a little better and I'll will be able to help you out better. And by "measuring the win", whoever is in front wins, whoever reaches the finish line first wins, got it?

droz2

alright...let me illustrate it with an example,

In my country (Malaysia) , if a vtec honda can follow a turbo car within a close distance,maybe 1 car length, even though the turbo car reach the finish line 1st and the honda vtec is just right behind him 1 car length, we consider the vtec win because its a NA vs turbo. and credit is given to the vtec because turbo supposedly win the vtec a lot.

and i take the same example to compare a supercar with a street turbo car...dont take the GSR turbo into consideration...just take a 1.5 civic single cam turbo..and it race with a supercar(NA camaro or NA mustang or whatever NA supercar around that class) ...if the supercar reach the finish line 1st but the civic is just right behind him with 1 car length....who win the game?? who should be given the credit to??

and vice versa....if the civic reach the finish line 1st, but the supercar just behind him with 1 car length, who win the race?? who should be given the credit to??

DB8_228

thats a good example...of how Asia races especially japanese people. They race like that on their highways in japan. I would give the credit to the person who would be behind with one car length because if you is fast enough to hang with them...your good enough to beat them. Thats my opinion.

droz2

sly...i don think u understand what i mean....i am not talking about what car will win what car...i am talking about a if a turbo street car(below 2.5 litre) can follow a NA supercar by 1 car length, who will be given the credit to? don forget its a turbo small CC car vs a big CC NA car.

SlyDC2

ahh yea i get ya now i still think a camaro would be further then a car length in front of a turbo 4banger unless you had a bigger turbo on it (you said it would be small) anyway thats just what my opinion is. also depends on the driver though.

01cleatus

I agree with SlyDC2 the camaro wins because no matter what you did to your car you still lost, but you get serious mad props for hanging with such a car. So the camaro wins the race and our 4 bangers " win " respect.

DownShift96GSR

The first car to reach the finish line wins, bottom line. None of that Fast and the Furious, "Dude, I almost had you" shit. "No matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning." Blah blah blah.

It is more embarassing for the Camaro to lose to a 4 banger whether its turbo'd or not, and same goes with a turbo'd car losing to an NA car.

01cleatus

DownShift96GSR said:
The first car to reach the finish line wins, bottom line. None of that Fast and the Furious, "Dude, I almost had you" shit. "No matter whether you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning." Blah blah blah.

It is more embarassing for the Camaro to lose to a 4 banger whether its turbo'd or not, and same goes with a turbo'd car losing to an NA car.
Confucious say......

Very true bro !