My 92 Teg ressurection

rpalma001

Well about 3 months back my ride blew the headgasket about 3 times on me and i got tired of messing with it. I came on the forums for some suggestions. Was told to just scrap the engine and get a b20 and to just get rid of it cuuz its an automatic. But im tired of everyone tellin me to converted to manual or get one that is but honestky who many rides you see that are in good conditon cus they manual. The auto's are more taken care of cus you dont have people burning up the pistons and putting stress on the blocks. I wanted to keep my ride all stock with its originl engine but i found out that cus the car overheated my block actually warped and the plastic cover for the gear/sproket melted to the block!! i had found potential engines most b20s and some b18 but just couldnt decide which route to go. For a time i was planning to do the b20 thing and had one picked out with 74,000 miles on it off a 99 crv but did more reaserch on it and found that the cylinder walls were weaker than the b18 so there really not much for advancements. And then there she was an 99 integra that was T-Boned. I did the whole 9 yards of inspection on it spark plugs looked clean almost new, oil looked like they did an oil change not to long ago and checked compresion ratio and up to specs and only had 90,000 miles!! Plus it was off an automatic too. The deal i got on it was sweet too 5 bucks!! nah joking i got it for 600. I threw a whle sob story to the junkyard guy and he hooked me up. Sorry i think now im just rambeling on, Im just soooo stoked that im getting my lil teg back!!! Ill put some picks up soon

gotgohan

Apprentice Mechanic
600 is a quite a lot I think for a t-boned, but then again you got trans and engine =) win