New GS-R Owner, I Have Q's

CapDown

New to the forum, just got a 94 integra gs-r yesterday and very happy. Anyways my questions i have are:

1. I want to turbo (or maybe SC) this car(gonna make it a sleeper :shock: ) probably mid summer, but cannot find a carb legal kit for a 94 gs-r, Anyone know of any? (looking for a good 30% gain in power) *BTW, the Greddy kit for the GSR doesn't list it for 94, so i'm guessing it wouldn't be compatible?*

2. I am trying to decide between a apex-i N1 exhaust or a Skunk2 "MegaPower Exhaust" , which do you reccomend? I am going for the deep import sound, my friend has an N1 on his CelicaGTS and it sounds pretty good, just wondered about the skunk2

All help is appreciated, thanks in advance
:p

Last edited:

01cleatus

Welcome and congrats on getting a teg. For the first question I can't help you there cause one I got an LS and second I live in Florida and we don't have strict emission laws. For the second question though my friend has his civic with a skunk2 exhaust and it sounds really nice and deep. It also keeps its deep tone even in the higher rpm's. As for that exhaust on an integra I am not sure cause he has a EX civic.

Rand0m

hmmm, im not sure about your emission laws, but my friend put a Drag turbo kit on his gsr, and it was CRAZY fast....

as far as the exhaust, ive never heard the skunk2 exhaust....ive actually owned the N1, and a few friends have had it, and i loved it....sounds good when you get on it, and had decent power gain (as far as exhaust goes, i suppose)

anyways, welcome to the club...now, go post up some pics!!!!!!

MoJoJoJo

Banned
pretty sure there is a carb legal turbo for you, have u tried look under F Max, XS,Drag, Rev Hard,Turbonetics. Inline Pro, Max Rev. etc...

i've had the Apexi N1, it was great couldnt be more pleased, now i have a Hi Power Love it, but the skunk2 neva had it or heard it. but some owners told me it was very loud. i dunno look around see if you can get a sound clip of both. pretty sure you gonna feel difference with either one. feel better throttle response. not sure how much gain each will give you. nobody can really tell you that without dyno charts. but even with that, chances are his gains wont be the same as yours.

Baldy201

If you are going to go turbo I would suggest getting a bigger exhaust. 3" is what most people use for turbo cars tegs.

As for the turbo kit, I cant really help ya there.