New Guy

Cienermain

New To Tuning
Whats going on I'm new to the tuning world. I currently own a 01 stratus r/t coupe but the 6g72 motor is a horrible platform. So I'm looking into Integras, great on gas, reliable and an abundance of parts. I have bin doing a lot of reading and have a very general idea of how everything works but would still like personal experience advice. I have other cars in mind but am kinda set on tegs and plan to finally buy a GS or GS-R in the next month or so to be a daily (FUN) driven car. With out breaking the bank (I have 2 kids and rent) Whats the first couple of steps I should do to breath life into a teg (Please don't be an a** and say "Do Overtime"). as far as goals. I would like to eventually reach 325-375 whp not sure what psi I would need to achieve that or if I need a full build. I was also looking at FI and came across a Pro-Charger Supercharger kit that claims to get you "70-75% hp gain at 9 psi on a stock motor with pump gas" which sounds like I would have my goal met there.... Ok I'm done rambling on I just have a lot of questions excuse the ignorance.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Do overtime, lmao; that's classic. Honestly, you are going to have to work quite a few hours to achieve that kind of horsepower. In order to keep it reliable you would have quite a bit of work ahead of you.
Are you only looking for a spirited car for a DD, or are you looking for a strip worthy car as well?

Cienermain

New To Tuning
Just a daily driver that I can have fun with on the highway from time to time. No red light racing or showing off... for now. As I learn and earn more I will do more.

Basic plans:

CIA or short ram
Headers/ Exhaust
1.5" Drop or coil overs
CF Hood
and what ever rims I think look pretty:)
Pretty much all that I can do my self.

All that sh*t with the block n swaps n bla bla bla is out of my comprehension.
I appreciate all the help I can get, I know it can be annoying dealing with newbies.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Street racing is a no-no, so please leave that for the ricers and stick to a track.
Carbon fiber hood is a bit overkill and I assume you're getting it for the bling, and you're going to leave it unpainted, which looks like shit. A 1.5" drop will not satisfy you, you will want something around 2", imo. Rims are they foundation of the vehicle, the more your spend, the better the quality; same with tires. I would choose a nice rim, economically priced, maybe a set of Enkeis - I like the RPF1.
What you're looking to do can be achieved with less horsepower, imho. Maybe way later you can start looking to turbo or whatever, but for now I would get a Gs-R, slap intake, header, exhaust, and a drop - and then work on cosmetics.
Remember, no street racing or I gnomes will fuck your ears in your sleep

Cienermain

New To Tuning
Thanks for the direction. A good gsr is kinda hard to find but will Keep searching. I like the unpainted look of CF. Must be a NY thing.

Thanks Again.