Pacesetter exhaust system!

D16_TeG

Gen1-Cra Z
I just recently bought the first integra. ita 1989 integra rs. its in almost perfect condition and i love the car. I am look to do the first easy mods to the car. but i need to know if a pacesetter monza exhaust system is good for my car?. And if anyone knows how they sound let me know that as well. thanks.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
thats is the cheapest company ever....i will never buy anything from them again.

i went through 3 of there headers on my celica.......all three either cracked at the collector or at the upper flange.......never again.

D16_TeG

Gen1-Cra Z
good sound loud? or a bad sound?. I mean its like one of the only exhuast systems i can find for my '89. well its the only exhaust system i could find, i found a borla exhaust system for it, but that cost over a grand and im not spending that much.

D16_TeG

Gen1-Cra Z
yeah thats what i was thinking. but there is one exhaust system out there that i want badly but i cant find it b/c its rare. its the mugen sport exhaust system. i read about it on this guys '89 integra ls on superstreetonline. thing is sick bu i cant find it anywhere.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Either keep looking or have one custom built.

I guess it wasn't head pounding loud, but it was loud. Got pulled over at least 3 times for my exhaust in a year.... Not too bad, but 3 more times then I would have liked to get pulled over.

heykosal

Angkorian
How much is the Pacesetter exhaust? It'll probably be better if you took the money and had someone build custom pipes.
Ricky is right, my friend had a Pacesetter header that was a piece of shitttt.

Borla is nice, if you had the money to spend on that exhaust you would not be disappointed, it would sound nice as hell too. Over a grand for exhaust?? Thats nuts!!

J_Jay_B

teg driver
i had one on my G3. it was really cheap. the baffle blew out and made a really ugly rattle. at first it sounded really tuned and nice... then it turned to crap. by the time i had a custom one made the thing was rusting off of my car. point being that they are cheaply made and i wouldnt waste the time or the money...

my advice would be to buy a good quality muffler and a resonator or glasspack ( if you want it to backfire :) and sound really good at high rpm's... also very throaty) and take it to a shop like Car X or Midas. i got mine made for $600 including a flowtech glasspack and a magnaflow universal muffler with a true 2.5 inside diameter. and i love it on deceleration it pops a little bit and sounds really throaty NOT RICEY AT ALL

jotcrx

Still going strong :)
THis one I can tell you from experience...stay away from the Pacesetter setup! Yes, I know it fits and it is cheap, but that is just it, it is cheap! I got one when I first got my car and it sounded horrible. It was way too loud and everyone complained that it sounded bad...like a pissed off bee! I yanked the pacesetter muffler and header off and installed a DC Sports header (flowed much better and the O2 sensor mounted in a much better place) and then had a custom exhaust system made. I got a Flowmaster 40 series Import muffler and custom twin 3" stainless tips and the car sounds great. As for the Borla, I have heard plenty of Borla exhaust systems, and if you can afford it, go for it, they sound awesome. 8)

D16_TeG

Gen1-Cra Z
yeah and thanks guys. but there are no custom shops like that around me. i mean i can do it in my shop class in school but idk. but i also found a bosal exhaust system for the car but from the pictures of the exhaust it just looks like the stock exhaust on the car. ifanyone can help me let me know. thanks.

integraman123

ok well i dont know much about pacesetter but i looked up on them and most of them are ceramic coated wich mean they are prone to crackin at extreme heat ,so you should go take a look on ebay and they have a pretty nice lookin setup its an OBX racing exaust manifold and its stainless steel or crome or somethin, or you can check out andysautosport.com or sportcompactonly.com or yourhotcar.com thats just a couple that i go to for my 89 integra rs.....