Power Door Locks, Work, then Don't Work, oh, Then Work.

amftapper

Banned
'95 GSR - My Power Door Locks sometimes work, then don't work. Just recently it's started happening, nothing out of the ordinary has happened lately. The locks could be working, I drive home, then the locks won't work. The car sits over night, then in the morning, the locks work again. Or it could go for days where the locks won't work. I know the first thing is take off the door panel, but I don't know too much about cars and can't see what I need to do first to get the panel off. Any pictures would really help.

drevans_satx

Dylan
The panel has 3 screws holding it.

-open the door and look where it hits the dash, thats one
-There is one in the door handle pocket
-one in the door release lever pocket (look behind there, you'll see a plug like thing)

unscrew those and start from the bottom left of the door panel. Slowly pry around the edged. Use a bar to start it but your hand to finish it so you don't bend and damage the panel.

You gotta pull sorta hard and it's gonna sound like you're tearing it off, Thats normal. One the plastic clips are popped lift it up and off, checking to make sure connections aren't still connected.

Getting it back on if the fun part. But you'll get it eventually. Its those steps in reverse.

Check all your connections. While you're there lube up the release mechanism with wd-40 or some white lithium for longer lasting lube. make sure everything moves freely and easily.