Re-paint help for bumpers.

itzjaris

Alright so I want to re-paint both bumpers, The front was scuffed from previous owner & has white spots on it. The rear has paint that flaked off & some areas the paint was running. Any ideas how I should go about this?

Worth repainting or should I try find someone selling black bumpers?

& If I repaint it would the color difference between the bumpers & rest of the car be very noticeable?

Tegz

EV1L EMPIRE
It will be super hard to find someone selling fresh black front and rear bumpers. I would just get them re-painted. A good body shop can blend the paint past the bumpers so the untrained eye could never tell. Buying fresh bumpers vs painting them probably costs around the same give or take a few bucks. Def less headache just taking it to a body shop to paint it over locating clean bumpers.

99TegLs

I would 100% go with what Tegz said. It would be soo much harder to find mint black 98+ bumpers then to just pay the cash and have them repainted

itzjaris

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'll probably have to start looking for shops that do good paint jobs. :)

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
i dont know if it goes for all shops, but i dont think they blend bumpers to the rest of the car. they paint bumpers separately and most likely bumpers never match the rest of the car.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
With black its much easier to match but try to get the right paint code anyway. Shop prices will vary but id say on avg its $150-200 a bumper. Prob can get package price for both $300+ Cheaper of course if you source out a connection.

Tegz

EV1L EMPIRE
i dont know if it goes for all shops, but i dont think they blend bumpers to the rest of the car. they paint bumpers separately and most likely bumpers never match the rest of the car.
I think it might depend on the color. They (Acura dealership) had to blend the paint up past the fenders on my DC5-S when I had the bumper and hood re-sprayed due to a tree limb landing on it in a storm.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
well i work at a body shop and we never blend the bumpers onto the car, they are shot seperately. Idk if they do it at all shops or dealerships but thats what i suspect will happen. most painted bumpers wont match the car cuz when something is painted again, even if it is the right color, it is hard to match factory.