Rustbucket's DA9 Build

Rustbucket

Hey everyone I just bought my first integra, and while its not a looker I think it has potential. Coming from a 97 civic hatch to an Integra is a pretty good little jump for me.

It is a 1992 RS I think, no power windows or locks so that's about what I can figure. B18A1 still running pretty strong and compared to my D16Y7 in the civic pulls just a tad harder :). The interior after a good cleaning is in pretty good shape from what I can tell, other than the usual wear and tear of time. Also got to have the pleasure of getting 2 layer of tint off of the back 2 windows and luckily only one off of the front driver side, lucky me.. I gave up on the hatch window considering the razor blade method on at least 10 year old tint with the defroster lines on the window wouldn't turn out to well I would imagine, so going to try to use the steam method.

While the interior is pretty decent, the exterior is a different story. Apparently something hit the right side so the hood, fender, and door have been replaced with white parts primed of course... You can see it coming off in some of the pictures. Also theirs a lovely hole behind the passenger door, which i'm still scratching my head over what to do about. I would like to learn how to do some body work but its pretty much going to be self taught so should be interesting, nevertheless you have to start your learning somewhere. I think theirs also a picture you can see the awesome redneck fix for the front right bumper light I'm going to call it, which i am pretty sure was purchased from Walmart and is screwed into the bumper. They probably could have gotten replacements for both for the amount they spent on those BS ones that don't fit.

I'm sure I have left a lot of questions unanswered so feel free to ask anything about it, or comment on it, or simply call it a rust bucket. :) For the whole $500 i picked it up for i'm going to try to do my best to get it back to better condition. The only things needed as of right now are a driver side axle, and the small rubber cam cover I guess its called on the side of the motor, which is leaking a small amount of oil.

Things I have done thus far, while a short list, necessary things:
Cleaned thoroughly, inside and out but not engine bay yet.
Removed the rear hubcaps that were the only ones their for some strange reason.
Removed prehistoric layers of tint that were literally clear from being so old.
Ordered axle. (they messed up the order, how surprising)

Things to do:
Order head gasket kit which probably needs replacing anyways sense the guy reused the old one last time he took it off. And it also comes with the rubber piece I need that is leaking oil a tad.
Somehow fix my tiny little mark on the passenger side. :shock:
Remove the rear tint so my rear window can be used as a window and not as a blurring device...
Get a new bumper light so I can rid it of the oh so awesome Walmart one.

So lets start with the pics I currently have. This was the interior in the condition I received it, apparently people don't know what a vacuum is.

And while cleaning it.

A bay shot, so dirty...

After the wash, you can see the white showing threw the professional prime job...

Oh the depressing little dent.

Ma rear. :naughty: Also included is the awesome tint. I've got it. Her name bubbles... :lol:

Cleaner...ish.

Hey look I can use a vacuum!

And if you're curious about the civic I had. This is what happens when a F-150 hits you. Still sold it for $7008)

ALL questions and comments are welcome. Criticize and let me know what can be done to make things better if you would like. Honestly if I can bring the civic back to where I got it I'm sure it can be done here. If you would like to see it here's the link. http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=209541

There are future plans in store but this has become entirely to long of an initial post so remember just ask lol.

fortyfived

Wow, good to see you were able to walk away from the crash. That "little" dent looks like a huge headache hope it's able to be fixed.

Rustbucket

Yea i took the brunt of it, didn't really do much to the truck. Walked away from it and no one was hurt so all is well. And yea that little dent is the biggest head ache as of right now, not entirely sure of what to do with it right now.

Zombiegurl81

HFF Beginner
Your poor DA! I got in an accident in my 90 GS in 2000 and it didn't make it either. =(

Rustbucket

Yea its no fun to lose a car you love driving every day. And I have no idea how it even happened or how to fix it, but that's the fun of a project car, always things to learn.