seat warmer/cooler

Schoene949

just recently installed S2K seats in my LS. thinking about maybe putting seat warmers/coolers in it. anyone done this? or thought about doing it? how difficult?
thanks guys

SilverStreak02

I've been considering this for my Integra as well. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but this is how I planned on doing it. The Dorman Seat Heaters seem to have great reviews on Amazon. I'm going to pick up a pair of those and use a set of seat heater switches from a '98-'99 Acura CL 3.0 Premium. Those switches are the same size as the holes in the center console next to the parking brake on '94-'01 Integras, so they fit like they're supposed to be there. You can not buy the switches new anymore so a used set is the only way to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Dorman-628-040-Universal-Seat-Heater/dp/B002U6IL9O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363099830&sr=8-1&keywords=dorman+seat+heaters

Schoene949

$70 for a set doesnt seem like a bad deal at all. may have to give it a shot for that price. cant decide if i wanna go with warmers or coolers though.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
I put heaters in the seats I put in my Grand Prix. Only took me a couple hours. I would recommend buying some hog ring pliers; it'll make your like MUCH easier. Lucky for me GM used crap hog rings, and very few of them at that; they just crumbled when I tried to open them. The covers on those didn't really need them anyhow. Once you get the covers off, you just use the provided tape to attach the elements to the covers, run the wires out to the bottom of the seat, and put everything back together. Wire it up (I did mine off constant power, not a good idea in hindsight; use a relay if not provided and run the trigger off keyed power) and enjoy a warm tush on those cold mornings!

No idea how the coolers would work though.

Schoene949

Warmers would be kinda useless in Florida haha. I would probably use them very little. Id like to do warmers and coolers. But idk if that would work.

dlo253

I want to get me an auto teg lol.... just so I can make it a nice "luxurious" work commuter.. heated seats, remote start, cup holder that actually holds stuff, and absurd beats.... haha.