Should I fight this ticket??

HooliganSKATE

Hey guys,

I got pulled over last night (4/16/14) on my way home at around 10:00, and the state trooper came to my window and explained he pulled me over because "he couldn't see me inside the car while sitting at the light" because of my window tint. I purchased the car with it tinted, and haven't done anything with it since.

He tested my tint and it showed it was at 17% (faded from over time). My friend told me that I can fight the ticket because he pulled me over for just my window tint, and because it's not a traffic violation he shouldn't have been able to do that.

So what do you guys think? Should I go to court and fight it? Or will it just be a waste of my time? I've never fought a ticket before so I have no idea what the rules and such are for this whole procedure.

Thanks!
Evan

Last edited:

Ryan659

You're car has an illegal modification. Sounds like a legit reason to pull you over. Even if you fought it, you'd probably lose anyways.

Isn't it just a fix it ticket anyways?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
He pulled you over due to suspicion of illegal tint, and he was right. You don't have much to stand on with that. And yes, he can pull you over for it.

R13

The other asshole
You can take a hair dryer or a heat gun and slowly peel the tint off so this doesn't happen again.

Sent from my toaster

Stfulton

He pulled you over due to suspicion of illegal tint, and he was right. You don't have much to stand on with that. And yes, he can pull you over for it.
I agree. Even though some laws state that they can't pull you over for suspension on things like that, the judge would probably still end up siding with the officer since he was proven correct. If you were going to fight being pulled over for just that, the best time to do it would've just been when he pulled you over... and even that probably wouldn't have ended well.

Also, I can tell you from experience that even if you fought that ticket and won, all the fees for the arraignment, court, etc. would be much more than your ticket. It's not too often that they waive every fee. Pretty dumb, either way they're getting your money now that you've been issued a ticket.

Last edited:

nabauka

Good afternoon! People who like to organize trips and other events, I want to tell you about a great site - ticketinghub. It's a great option for people who want to sell their tickets to people without having to think too hard. You can also connect with travel agents to reach more customers and improve business! Good luck!